Close

Hybrid View

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxy View Post
    It works. But the RC-8 / RCBugFix version does not allow you to save the mesh. The UBL Branch lets you save the mesh and it also provides very nice Mesh Validation Pattern and Editing commands for the Mesh.
    I apologize for all the questions, but I do appreciate your knowledge and time.

This morning I started modifying the RC Bug Fix and then I read this comment. In the future I am planning on using the BL touch to implement ABL/Mesh Leveling. if I understand your comment correctly, with RC Bug Fix it won't save the Mesh but will run at the start of every print to create that mesh. Is this correct?

I just want to ensure whatever firmware I use I will be setup for success with my planned upgrades.

Quote Originally Posted by BLKKROW View Post
    I apologize for all the questions, but I do appreciate your knowledge and time.

This morning I started modifying the RC Bug Fix and then I read this comment. In the future I am planning on using the BL touch to implement ABL/Mesh Leveling. if I understand your comment correctly, with RC Bug Fix it won't save the Mesh but will run at the start of every print to create that mesh. Is this correct?

I just want to ensure whatever firmware I use I will be setup for success with my planned upgrades.
    Yes... Your understanding is correct. And incidentally, the BL-Touch stuff was added after UBL forked from RC-7. So you can use a BL-Touch with UBL, but you have to set it up as manually instead of just saying you have a BL-Touch probe. I'm off skiing in Taos. As soon as I get back I'm going to be doing a 3-way merge to get UBL running on top of RC-8. At that point, the simple BL-Touch support will be in UBL also. Realistically, it will be a week or two into January before that happens.

But if you are going to do Mesh Bed Leveling... You really should consider bringing up the UBL system. You will get 100% adhesion across the entire bed every time.