okay - for one thing I've never pushed the filament into the feed hole.
Just insert it gently and let the machine do the rest. hell I've never even pushde the lever down.

So the first thing you should do is start the printer's loading for that extruder.
if it feeds filament through - great, leave it for a few seconds and then swith to unload and it should come out pretty easily.
Or do what i do and cut the filament where it enters the hole and just let it feed through. Then insert the new filament and let it feed through.
I don't actually use the unload option anymore. faster and easier to just load one all the way through and stick the new one in.
But at no point should you manually try and force the filement in. that's where you get filament grinding and clogging of the feed gear.
So don't do that. No need for lever depressing and no need to force filament into the feed gear.
Just get the load cycle running and gently insert the filament till the gear grabs it.
Sometimes with flexible filament I have to remove and reinsert a couple times until the end finds the actual extruder hole, but that's the only time I use the unload option these days.

If the filament doesn't feed at all. Then yep it's got stuck and you'll need to remove the fan.
2 bolts, be careful of the spacers as they'll usually fall off into the printer.
Once the fan is removed you can see the extruder and dig out the jammed filament. not complicated.
Getting the fan and spacers back is a little fiddly. But not diffcult.

Worst case scenario you'll need to remove the gear - small grub screw - and clean the grooves with a hobby knife.
It's easy, very little to go wrong and you should be fine :-)
It can only go back on one way.