That looks awesome! cant wait! After talking with Colin I went ahead and bought the 10" MakerFarm i3v kit.
Hope everything turns out ok and I wont regret it... Do you think the issues you had experienced were do to the larger 12in size?

Note: I also upgraded to the Rumba with standard display, Aluminum Bed, and the E3dv6 Hot end.

Quote Originally Posted by Chadd View Post
I know that I dog on the 12" i3v kit but out of the box it just wouldn't produce good prints. But now that I finally have everything lined out it prints very well. I still have a bit of periodic Z axis banding so I still have few things to do it but I am more than happy with the print quality now. Here's a picture of the T-Rex skull I am printing for the kids. This was printed at .2mm with no supports just as shown. It looks much better in person than the cellphone pics suggests.

If it would have printed like this out of the box I would have been very happy with it but without replacing major components of the kit it wouldn't. Before my modifications I couldn't print this part at all because I would have first layer issues and major layer delamination because of the Y axis and heat bed warpage.