Quote Originally Posted by tsteever View Post
I am printing at 210. At 220 I get a lot of strings. Yeah, I have changed the thermistor table in the firmware and checked the path. after going back to the stock extruder I still was having trouble and that got me thinking it may be the filament as that is the common element and I only had troubles with this filament. I measured it and it is 3.05 in diameter. I got it from Collin at Makerfarm. I never had trouble with the Esun filament I was using.

I wonder if the filament is to blame.
Don't know. 3.05 seems a little big. Let's see...PLA coefficient of thermal expansion is .0007, so a 70C rise over ambient is 3.05 + (3.05 * .0007 * 70) = 3.199. The E3Dv6 bore is 3.2mm, so that sounds like it's getting pretty close.

I'm not quite sure how the PLA really behaves once it gets up in the 90C range. It continues to swell, but it's past its glass transition temperature, so I'm not sure what happens.

You might try taming the stringing by tuning your retraction settings. I don't have any experience with the E3Dv6, so I'm not sure of the details.