Quote Originally Posted by User_Defined View Post
It is unfortunate you could not go with the PCB coil method I suggested, it would make for much more secure interconnections (and more consistent coil inductances).

As for the remaining issues, I think that the most significant bug is that the final prints are not accurate, and it pretty much throws anything I would use the printer for out the window.

I'm sure that you guys can find a better calibration method, and as a backer, I hope that you prioritize this as soon as possible.

-UD
Ya that PCB coil idea was really great, I dont think we can get the power ( turns ) we need out of it tho. Our coils have many hundreds of turns in them
and they are rather small. Ether way fundamentally is a perfect idea. I want to use it somewhere. And I can see a good place for it in peachy 2.0 galvo system
As for calibration, it is coming soon, after we implement variable laser power, and acceleration, Calibration is next on the list.
One step we have taken toward better calibration is we have come up with a better UI for entering the calibration points.
You can now move the laser beam around with your mouse and click on various places on grid paper to set calibration points. Its much faster than our previous method and I can now imagine it being reasonable to enter in 100 plus calibration points.

PS UserDefined
quite some time ago you asked a REALLY good question, something that is constantly on my mind and still is.
Why is the peachy printer able to print perfectly smooth columns but dose not achieve the same smoothness on other prints?
This has botherd me ever since I saw that first green column print.
I still don't have a definitive answer for that, I have tested and disproved many theory's so far, and I still have more theory's to test.
When I find out why I will make a thread on this. My apology's for not answering you with a simple, I dont know. I remember composing a rather in depth
answer in my head including all my theory's at the time, but Im sure I never went back and actually typed out a reply to your question.