Hi guys,

The thread seems to be a bit old but maybe there are any news on the matter? I am having trouble with casting both FTX green and Green Cast. The cartridge is extremely fragile, that's true and I do had issues with prints breaking off but seems that manually placed thik supports do the trick, at least for the rings.

I used plasticast and formula 1. Formula seems to give an ok quality but quite difficult to remove. I cannot get the plasticast going so far. Still bad surface and ash. Bfrod900 - you've managed to get quite decent surface on one of the pictures, can you tell a bit more the details on how you've managed to do that if it is not too much trouble?

Another question, I've heard form a caster that he vaccums the flasks after the burnout to remove any residual ash, what do you think, will it help?

By the way I have noticed that thin patterns like nets and thin rings come out nearly fine but if there is more of the material it will ruin the cast. I guess it has to do with expansion and curing both.