Close

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Thank you for sharing the firmware. Good job on the hard work.

Engineer-in-Training
    Thanks got the email. I sent you a reply regarding the printing problems you are having.

Quote Originally Posted by tsteever View Post
    Chadd, email sent! Don't forget to save your own numbers in the config file. I also have my homing speeds set SLOW. Not too confident in the stock switches so I slowed it down. I have replaced the Z switches with better ones from digikey and never bothered to speed it back up. I may change the raise after first bump to a smaller number in the near future. That can be found in the marlin.main file.

The other number you will want to change are...
    Offsets
    Bed size after homing
    safe homing location (stock is X_MAX_LENGTH/2 and Y_MAX_LENGTH/2) I have them set for a specific location
    Servo Angles

I have the thermal runaway protection disabled as my prints kept terminating when using octoprint. Worked fine when I was just using the SDcard or pronterface.

There is also a nice feature I have yet to activate where the hotend fan only turns on when the hotend is above 50 degrees. I still have the fan directly wired to the power supply. Once I get things tuned I will change that over. You all can thank Chadd for that one. The info is from this thread...

Been thinking of putting a step by step together but need to get the printed tuned.

Engineer-in-Training
    Todd,

Do you happen to have a picture or a diagram of where and what orientation you have the servo plugged into for the firmware file you sent?

Thanks,
    Chadd

Engineer-in-Training
    The reason I ask is that earlier in the thread it looks like you set the servo up on PWM1 but unless you split apart the servo connector you are probably using pins 1, 3 and 5 on EXP 3 for your servo. That would be running the servo off of 12V. Not sure what servo you are using but my servo is 5V so it would need to run off of pins 2, 4 and 6 and use PWM2. Pin 2 is 5v

Engineer-in-Training
    Anyone else have input on the servo connections?

Engineer-in-Training
    Ok here is what I did on the servo. I hooked mine up so that it would operate off the 5V line so I am using pins 2 (+5V), 5 (gnd) and 6 (pwm2).

To do this I modified your FW with the following.

#ifdef NUM_SERVOS
    #define SERVO0_PIN 5

#if NUM_SERVOS > 1
    #define SERVO1_PIN 4
    #endif

//if NUM_SERVOS > 2
    // #define SERVO2_PIN 5
    //#endif

//#if NUM_SERVOS > 3
    // #define SERVO3_PIN 4
    //#endif
    #endif

you said my name i don't have rumba :-) but i dont think you were talking to me

Engineer-in-Training
    I am using pins 6, 4 and 2 on the EXP3 port. They are PWM2, Ground, and 5volt respectively.

If you use the firmware I posted and these pins you should be fine as it is working for me. I think i mentioned somewhere that I had intended to use PWM1 but it was later posted that PWM2 can be used. I have that pin defined in my firmware and my abl is working as it should.

I just can't get this thing calibrated to print even close to what I want it to print at. None of the parts are usable as they do not align well at all to the drawings. Everything is slightly too large.

Engineer-in-Training
    Hmm I changed the firmware to match what I posted above and it works on pins 2, 4 and 6 also.

Quote Originally Posted by tsteever View Post
    I am using pins 6, 4 and 2 on the EXP3 port. They are PWM2, Ground, and 5volt respectively.

If you use the firmware I posted and these pins you should be fine as it is working for me. I think i mentioned somewhere that I had intended to use PWM1 but it was later posted that PWM2 can be used. I have that pin defined in my firmware and my abl is working as it should.

I just can't get this thing calibrated to print even close to what I want it to print at. None of the parts are usable as they do not align well at all to the drawings. Everything is slightly too large.

If you have the option in your slicer have it do perimeters first then move in. That will help combat the sizes being overlarge

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast