Quote Originally Posted by TechMasterJoe View Post
I have a McFadden-dale hardware less then 300 yards from my front door so I don't really need a kit anyone that's been to one knows just how much that place rocks. Tack that on to the fact McMaster Carr's warehouse is 1.4 miles away from my shop. I'm set I can get anything fast. If you need any special part's made for a design pm me I own a machine shop both a real shop and one at home with 26 cnc's in all.

After I get the 12" i3v I might ask Colin if he wants to make a metal ver or if he is OK with me selling a metal frame upgrade I got a OMAX 80X water jet that I don't really use much

I will be producing hotends a little bit like the hexagon with electropolished nozzles soon..running small batch at my costs I think, I can make them for under 20$ my cost so a retail around 30$ complete.
I plan on making the nozzle and the heat break one solid piece of stainless steel and including 4 of them in 3 sizes (.3 for 1.75, .4 for 1.75, .4 for 3.0, .5 for 3.0) by making it a single piece the hotend will work with both 1.75 and 3.0 by just changing the heat brake/nozzle
I don't mean to take the thread off topic, but I just placed an order for my 12" i3v last week and would definitely be interested in a metal/acrylic frame upgrade.