Close

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by clough42 View Post
    I'm sure it has been discussed before, but what's the story on the possibility of getting Roxy's changes merged into the main Marlin distribution? Has that conversation taken place? Feel free to just point me to the flame war thread if there is one.
    I started the process of doing a 'Push' of the Enhanced G29 but ran into trouble with GitHub. I managed to get the G48 Z-Probe-Repeatability test Pushed and merged into the code base. But what ever I did that time doesn't work now. I might need help doing that. I was thinking of getting an up to date version of the code base with just the Enhanced G29 code in it. Literally... Take the most current code base off of GitHub and make the changes for Enhanced G29 to it with nothing else. And then see if somebody else can get it to 'Push' back. (Because I don't seem to be able to do that!)

But now, somebody might be merging another nice G29 enhancement into the mix. Somebody else did some work where the n x n grid that is probed is limited to the size of the print being done. That will help accuracy. If that can be merged with my G29 stuff, it would make sense to get that all working and do a single 'Push' of everything. There is some post-processing of the Slicer GCode that has to be done. Somehow that has to be done so it is fully automatic for the user. I haven't seen what or how that is done. So that actual status isn't clear right now.

Check out the start of the discussion at:

http://3dprintboard.com/showthread.p...ll=1#post27876

And then Sly20 says he has merged the two code bases:

http://3dprintboard.com/showthread.p...ll=1#post28002
    Last edited by Roxy; 09-25-2014 at 10:46 AM.