- What is the most interesting thing you have seen done with a 3D printer or 3D printing technology?
Just this past week, I heard about the 3D printed car done here in Chicago at IMTS 2014. I heard about this from my dad, who is far from a techie. Although still using some major conventional parts, such as drivetrain, 3D printing of the frame and body of the Local Motors Strati is a huge step in bringing awareness to the average person of the technology. As more conversations are held about this, even more people, particularly youth, will be intrigued and bring their own talents and insights to bear on the future of the industry.

- If you could build your dream 3D printer, what would it include and what would it do? Let your imagination run wild!
A couple of ideas come to mind for a "dream" 3D printer. First would be the ability to use multiple materials in a single 3D printer. This could enable even more parts from the previous Strati example to printed instead of using conventional manufacturing. Next would be the ability to scale the printer. Perhaps starting out with a small budget, one starts with a desktop system, and later upgrades into a larger cabinet and tray while using much of the original system.