Close

Threaded View

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    I would not go with Simplify 3D. Sometimes people can simplify things too much, and I feel in their case that's what they did.

http://www.simplify3d.com/support/faq/

Makerware and ReplicatorG are all I've relied on and have gotten me thus far, so that's all I can suggest really. Makerware has alot of features Repg misses, like the print preview so you can see what it will look like with supports etc.

You could try Cura, but not knowing your machine exactly I couldn't say if it would work, as far as I know they wont connect to replicators, only Ultimakers and a couple of others.
    Thank you for replying! When you run repg do you use the skeinforge or slic3r profile when cutting gcode?

Also, can anyone help me with the calibration print I have included pictures as attachments.

I have printed this tube 4 times and the final print is my best so far and is the one included. I am trying to fix the top layer of the cube and fix the sag on the two cut outs.

To fix the sag I have set the retraction to 1.4mm and to try to fix the top layer I have set the infill to 20% with a line fill at 90*.
    Attached Images Attached Images