Quote Originally Posted by atoff View Post
I found that most of those suppliers are just selling rebadged cheap filament from China (Aliexpress / Alibaba). This is the case with a lot of products, but it's really disappointing when these resellers are claiming to have produced their signature "premium" filament, which turns out is the same $12/kg stuff I can pick up myself from Ali... which is what I've ended up doing. Most of the time they're reselling Wanhao, or Winbo, or some no-name even cheaper stuff.

I myself ordered a few spools of Wanhoa from Aliexpress... came to $71.50 for 3 spools of PLA with Fedex 3-5 day shipping, which equates to $23.83 per kg shipped.

I also ordered a spool of ABS from IC3D (from Amazon), who now produce their own filament in the U.S. They have really good reviews, and at $33 with free 2-day shipping with Prime, seems a pretty good deal.
This is very true, I wished for that same feature since it seems like most suppliers are just supplying the cheap crud from China.
Full disclosure, I sell filament in Australia which I source from a Company in Melbourne (Lybina) because I was miffed at ordering filament only to have it be some other random chinese stuff. Don't get me wrong, there are some decent filaments made there, but since the suppliers don't tell you it was from manufacturer X, you've got no way of knowing.
I really do wish suppliers would just list who their manufacturer was - though I do understand why they don't

It also makes it really hard to review a filament, or trust a review since two suppliers could be selling the exact same stuff.