Quote Originally Posted by awerby View Post
Are you planning to build your own resin printer? SLA or DLP?
Thanks for the reply. I recognize you from another forum. Nice to see a familiar face so to speak. I didn't realize you were into 3d printers.

A top down DIY resin printer, yes.

90% probability it will be projector based. But, not certain about what tech to use, as far as DLP or 3LCD projectors. I made a post about this yesterday in regards to some 3LCD projector mods I'm contemplating and asking for advice . I'll have to make a new thread and repost.

It won't be a bottom up LCD screen build.

10% chance of trying something unconventional, like the head of a laser printer (the ones used for paper) repurposed with a different laser (perhaps from a Blu Ray?) and driven in one axis, with the single axis galvanometer from the laser printer taking care of the second axis. No idea if anyone has done this. Also made a post about this yesterday . But here it is again, LOL. No idea how I would control this or if the idea has merit...any ideas?

Ever tried one of those cheap digital light display laser / galvanometer systems you can get on EBay?

If neither one of those ideas have been done successfully before, then yes, a projector. I hesitate to say "DLP" for certain because I may try a different projector mod.

Should I keep posting in the "General 3d printing discussion" for new threads, I don't see a stereolithography section?