Close

Threaded View

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    So here's the thing, printing fast at fairly large layer heights is ENTIRELY dependant on the filament.
    So far the flashforge filament has done absolutely everything I've asked it to - flawlessly.
    So someone asked for a yellow mould.

I've got some dayglo yellow from reprapper tech.
    Complete and total bastard !
    Dropped to 0.3mm and 75mm/s - and it's still not brilliant. I have finally got it to stick and apart from a slightly dodgy corner it's currently looking quite good.
    I'd forgotten what it's like to have first layer issues

I was talking to the last filament manufacturer in the uk at tct, and we got on to how colourant effects filament behaviour.
    he was saying the filament extruders run all day and you add colourant for whatever colour you want, you don't stop the machine when you add the colour.
    Unless you add yellow and then he said it'll pretty much always jam.
    After 2 hours fighting this stuff last night - I know exactly what he means !

This is the first and last yellow mould !
    lol
    had to up the print temp to 220, slow it right down and smoosh it to the point that I was just barely beyond the point where the nozzle is blocked.

The only other time I've used this stuff was a couple of years ago, And that was just little pumpkins, much easier first layer to print.
    Can't remember if I had problems then or not.
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 10-14-2017 at 08:52 AM.