Close

Threaded View

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    Metal motor brackets arrived today, still waiting on wheels. But I think I've now got all the bits to do the belt setup and finish the cornerpiece design with sprocket (?) holder added and some more bolt holes.

Oh yeah had a company call me this morning who want my old dead crap - uh, used computers.
    So with luck that'll clear a fair bit of space in my workshop. Particualrly as most of the old dead base units are being used as 'shelves' for more crap, which I will be forced to throw away to get at the base units.

The stack of dead laptops is up to about 3 feet tall, the dead harddrives are probably in triple figures and I have - literally - no clue how many dead base units there are, 'cos they're covered in piles of junk everywhere you look.

I've got to send some pics of the crap, hopefully that won't scare these guys off.
    Local council tip won't take dead pc's from professionals, won't tell me where to dump them and the only other people who've contacted me wanted paying to take it away. This morning's call said they'd do it for free.
    Not sure how much recoverable gold and and the like there is in these things - but if they help clear my workshop, then they are more than welcome to it :-)
    Hell I'll even throw in some dead motherboards and whatever new parts are no longer useable.
    I did have a stack of isa network cards at one point, no clue if I've still got them or not.

So fingers crossed :-)
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 10-12-2017 at 06:27 AM.