Quote Originally Posted by Syd_Khaos View Post
Ok, so sailfish does not store those things in the firmware...but it does use gcode correct?
Then why is giving cgode commands directly to the machine only an option with marlin?

If the only adjustment I have for over/under extrusion is the multiplier in the slicer then I am screwed. Up to 1.25 now and still only about 75-80% of first layer is there....lots of gaps.

At least it it not so humid today...not needing 1/8th inch thick coat of glue to get things to stick lol.
Because the printer uses X3G not G-Code. The steps are done during code generation. To change the default steps you would need to create a custom X3G profile. From reading this is a pain and should not be necessary.

I kept thinking I needed to redo the extruder steps but everything says no for Sailfish printers.

What keeps getting stressed is filament diameter.

If you are changing the multiplier that much something else is up. This could be things like the gear in the extruder has been changed to a different one. It is slipping thus throwing off the rate. Wrong size nozzle set.

Could be not hot enough for print speed.

Others can for sure comment much better.