Close

Page 358 of 411 FirstFirst ... 258308348356357358359360368408 ... LastLast
Results 3,571 to 3,580 of 4110
    Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Syd, is this the same issue that you had before when you were going to sell your QiDi? As I recall, you never identified a cause, the problem just ceased happening for some reason. Does it now happen with both extruders?

It is not the same issue....
    Thought I posted about that, maybe not though. Last time it turned out that I replaced the driver with another blown driver that got mixed in with my spares. But that don't happen any more lol.

Def not whats going on this time. Seeing this on both extruders.

Off-topic a bit...
    That fella still doing the nozzle packs on Amazon for good price? I tried to search but could not find em.

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Talon 3D View Post
    Have you tried 225 or 220? I've had better luck with ABS at 220 on longer prints.
    230c is my typical ABS temp.

I live in south Texas man, right on the coast. My numbers are usually a little bit of the 'norms' that most are using. It's because its SO damn humid here.....70% humidity is a dry day for these parts.

Hurts more than 3d printing too. I have been a metal worker most of my life, and professionally till my last knee surgery. This is the land of metal death....you leave bare metal over night and it will be rusted to hell the next morning. Only takes about 2 weeks for steel to get pitted around here.

That is a nasty heat, sticky. Up here things freeze and crack up, decicate, shatter. Dam Lake effect snow on top. Still not as bad as Alaska.

Quote Originally Posted by Syd_Khaos View Post
    230c is my typical ABS temp.

I live in south Texas man, right on the coast. My numbers are usually a little bit of the 'norms' that most are using. It's because its SO damn humid here.....70% humidity is a dry day for these parts.

Hurts more than 3d printing too. I have been a metal worker most of my life, and professionally till my last knee surgery. This is the land of metal death....you leave bare metal over night and it will be rusted to hell the next morning. Only takes about 2 weeks for steel to get pitted around here.
    Editor in Chief
    Bitsonline

Tips Appreciated But Not Expected
    BTC: 16wxHvKd3oU6SVjv6FrenqhkvRmc8t7sPy
    DASH: XqyaWxH896j9YeV1M35Gzb5gmRPmPbNDGq

Engineer
    Thought I posted about that, maybe not though. Last time it turned out that I replaced the driver with another blown driver that got mixed in with my spares. But that don't happen any more lol.

Off-topic a bit...
    That fella still doing the nozzle packs on Amazon for good price? I tried to search but could not find em.

Sure, do a search on Amazon for "BIQU Nozzle" or "BIQU MK10". The assortment of sizes is also available there in both SS and Brass.

Engineer

Off-topic a bit...
    what is the Vref value you have set on your A&B extruders? If your drivers on that are burning out, maybe raising the value to 127 would help that.

Super Moderator
    Hey guys,

I am making pipe saddle clamps. Basically I have to clamp a 1" pole to a 2 1/2" pole so I am making sets of these to clamp around each pole and then they will hook together.

My question is this: Do you think PLA will be fine outside or should I go with ABS? It will have direct sunlight, and big temp swings from summer to winter. I don't care what it looks like but that it holds up for a reasonable amount of time.

[IMG][/IMG]

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by wirlybird View Post
    Hey guys,

I am making pipe saddle clamps. Basically I have to clamp a 1" pole to a 2 1/2" pole so I am making sets of these to clamp around each pole and then they will hook together.

My question is this: Do you think PLA will be fine outside or should I go with ABS? It will have direct sunlight, and big temp swings from summer to winter. I don't care what it looks like but that it holds up for a reasonable amount of time.
    I would think ABS would be preferred for outside direct sunlight. I am most curious what others will suggest.

Engineer-in-Training
    what is the Vref value you have set on your A&B extruders? If your drivers on that are burning out, maybe raising the value to 127 would help that.
    The feeders are still at default, what is 127 iirc.

Found the culprit, was the feed carriage. DO NOT print feed carriages from ABS!!!
    Still not exactly sure what happened, but seems like the spring was no longer able to put enough tension on the floating arm. Spring is still as springy as the day it was new so has to be the carriage.

Back to the stock carriage, and its printing, finishing prints...still having some serious extrusion issues. Will post a pic of whats going on now in a bit...gotta get dinner going for the kids right now lol.

You could use ABS but if you wanted to use PLA use PLA/PHA it is much more durable. The best would be PeTG actually. It is really tough and prints easy.

Quote Originally Posted by wirlybird View Post
    Hey guys,

[IMG][/IMG]
    Editor in Chief
    Bitsonline

Thanks that is what I have been using as a guide. For some reason it keeps failing on me.
    I am installing the PrintBite right now. I will get back to the WiFi SD after wards.

Here is the thread on installing the Toshiba Air Card:

http://3dprintboard.com/showthread.p...ped-in-Windows
    Editor in Chief
    Bitsonline

Page 358 of 411 FirstFirst ... 258308348356357358359360368408 ... LastLast