Quote Originally Posted by awanegenebayo View Post
Thanks a lot for your answers !

I'm having two opposite adivces here haha !

I'm currently printing at 180 for the extruder and 85 for the bed. I think the bed may be a little hotter than necessary, i'll try printing something at 75.
I will also try to significantly increase the extrusion temperature, just to see what's going on, but it seems completely at the opposite of what printbus what saying, that is layers don't have time to cool down before the next layer is made. I'll try anyway, PLA is cheap

Yes, I see that Printbus is very knowledgeable on the subject of 3d printing. He has helped me with many problems. I do not mean to contradict his advice at all. I'm just trying to point out my personal experience.

I use a 5" desk fan to cool my prints. With that much cooling (admittedly, it is overkill) they tend to pop off the heated glass about 20 minutes into printing. So when cooling I usually need to use blue painters tape as my surface. In any event, I have only seen a small improvement on my overhangs with cooling. The benefit really came when I increased print temps.

As far as bed temp, I am now running at 63 degrees. I find that when I use a higher bed temp my longer/flatter PLA parts tend to warp/curl up off the bed at the corners.

Final note: All printers and environments are different, My 63 will not be the same effective temperature as your 63. You will need to observe the results and make adjustments as needed, one way or the other.