Close

Threaded View

Engineer-in-Training

MiniMadRyan's Build Thread

Hi All,

After finally getting my i3v calibrated and running where I like it, I've embarked on a new project, one that I've been working on for the last few weeks. I'll be posting more details of the project and it's intended finished design in the coming days and weeks, but thought I would share some of the prints that have come off the printer in the last week. I think some here will quickly figure out what I'm working on!

The first print off the machine, 195x195x12mm, PLA, with a 20% infill. The rigidity of this piece is incredible, on par with the wood frame of the printer itself.

The rear frame panel with the electronics enclosure to check for fitment and alignment. Dual 20mm fan mounts to provide for extra cooling if needed.

One of the motor mounts, printed at 75mm/sec, the walls and details seem to have come out fairly well. Overall, happy with the quality of prints it's been producing

Lastly, every print that's been turned out in the last 2 weeks. To date, 33 prints, with another 25 or so remaining! Let the fun begin!

Cheers

Ryan
    Last edited by MiniMadRyan; 02-05-2015 at 06:10 AM.