Close

Page 30 of 48 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
    Jeez, I feel like I've got nothing but issues...

1. Here's a video of my extruders pushing out equal amounts of filament at the same speed and temp. Left extruder works fine. Right extruder seems like maybe it's clogged? If so, how does one fix that without having to take everything apart?

2. I've tried multiple times to calculate the probe offset using this method but when I try to print the height gauge from clough's site, the hotends try to start 20-ish mm off the heatbed. Am I supposed to use a different method to calculate the X_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER, Y_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER, and Z_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER values? Also, yes...I'm doing an M502 + M500 after uploading the firmware.

3. I'm using Cura, and it seems like my start.code is not getting run...I have a G29 (ABL) in there, but the printer isn't doing it before trying to print. Now that I have dual extruders enabled in Cura, I see my start.gcode and end.gcode, but now there's a preSwitchExtruder.gcode, post.SwitchExtruder.gcode, a start2.gcode and an end2.gcode...what are all of these for?

I'm really hoping this is helpful for other people and I'm not just being a dunce.

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by csader View Post
    Should I be able to see the e-steps for both extruders via the LCD? I only see one.

Using clough's configuration.h.
    I can only see one estep option aswell
    I read somewhere that if you end up putting a second estep number in the config.h file it will ignore it
    but i havent tried myself.

Quote Originally Posted by csader View Post
    Jeez, I feel like I've got nothing but issues...

1. Here's a video of my extruders pushing out equal amounts of filament at the same speed and temp. Left extruder works fine. Right extruder seems like maybe it's clogged? If so, how does one fix that without having to take everything apart?

2. I've tried multiple times to calculate the probe offset using this method but when I try to print the height gauge from clough's site, the hotends try to start 20-ish mm off the heatbed. Am I supposed to use a different method to calculate the X_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER, Y_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER, and Z_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER values? Also, yes...I'm doing an M502 + M500 after uploading the firmware.

3. I'm using Cura, and it seems like my start.code is not getting run...I have a G29 (ABL) in there, but the printer isn't doing it before trying to print. Now that I have dual extruders enabled in Cura, I see my start.gcode and end.gcode, but now there's a preSwitchExtruder.gcode, post.SwitchExtruder.gcode, a start2.gcode and an end2.gcode...what are all of these for?

I'm really hoping this is helpful for other people and I'm not just being a dunce.
    I'm not sure what's happening with the extrusion from the right nozzle. Is the mass of filament extruded similar? I have seen tiny imperfections in the nozzle cause that. I've also seen the plastic just stick and twist up like that and when I pulled it off with tweezers, it started flowing okay.

I have three hexagon hot ends, and the very first one got clogged on day 1. I had to disassemble it, dissolve the ABS out with acetone, clean it and start again. After that, everything was fine. You could also try clearing it with a guitar string, but it's tough because it has to be hot.

You should be running a G28 followed by a G29. I played with Cura briefly at one point and also had trouble getting it to run my start GCODE. I never solved it. The whole reason I was investigating Cura was because Slic3r was excruciatingly slow. Once I discovered it was just the "avoid crossing perimeters" setting, I haven't gone back and sorted it out.

The Configuration.h file I link to in the first post is actually the file I use on my printer, so the Z offset in the file should be pretty close if you're using a snap switch without an arm. If you're using one with an arm, it's probably within 5-10mm.

If you're running the firmware from my fork, the G28 should cause the printer to center on the bed and probe once to set an initial Z height, which will be off by 3-7mm and then the G29 should probe nine times and end up close. You can then measure the space between the nozzles and bed and increase the Z offset by the measured gap to get close.

It sounds like you're not getting the G28 to run, though.

C42 can solidworks open/import .IPT files from inventor? If so PM me your email, I will email you the model i made for the E3DV6

I'm working on updating the original fan shroud right now for the single extruder, but i figured you might want to see if you could fit these under the itty bitty, though looking at it right now you'll have to figure something out for the servo and foot

woo hoo managed to grab a kit before they were gone :-D

Engineer
    Where can I get this ?
    Quote Originally Posted by RobH2 View Post
    Maybe you need to make a backing plate adjuster like I did for the rod version of the MakerFarm i3. I'd make that for your but I don't have the rail version to use for measurements and details. I think I've posted this before but here is what I did again. It works beautifully. I can get very, very precise leveling in just a few minutes.

Add RobH2 on Thingiverse
    What printer do you have? I have files for the "rod" version but not for the "VSlot" version.
    Bambu P1S/AMS
    NVision4D http://nvision4d.com

Engineer
    I have the vslot, please send me what you have, I will try and make a vslot version

Add RobH2 on Thingiverse
    I built a model in 3ds Max. What do you have to edit 3d files?
    Bambu P1S/AMS
    NVision4D http://nvision4d.com

I have the 2D. dxf files for both the rod and vslide if anyone wants it.

Page 30 of 48 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast