Close

Hybrid View

Engineer-in-Training TopJimmyCooks's Avatar
    I'm sorry I missed the hardware kit. I have been printing parts and accumulating stuff over the last few weeks and I just ordered the few remaining bolts from Mr. metric. I've got HIPS and PVA coming to use to try dissolvable support. I'm looking forward to running this. Thanks for the hard work on the design. Looking at the printed parts, it's intriguing how tiny (itty bitty) everything is. I actually double checked once to make sure I hadn't mistakenly applied scaling during slicing of the idler blocks.

I hate it when people ask for updates on something that just came out - However, something to consider for the future: A lot of the flexible and exotic filament users are recommending PTFE liners in the extruders. In the extruder block you have a longer filament pathway than many greg's type designs. Doing a version with a wider filament pathway and a little retainer shelf at the bottom for that might be something to look at later. If it's found to be needed. I don't know if any the flexible filaments can print into useful parts like washers, light duty valve seats, gaskets, grommets, etc. But if they do I will be using them.

Quote Originally Posted by TopJimmyCooks View Post
    I hate it when people ask for updates on something that just came out - However, something to consider for the future: A lot of the flexible and exotic filament users are recommending PTFE liners in the extruders. In the extruder block you have a longer filament pathway than many greg's type designs. Doing a version with a wider filament pathway and a little retainer shelf at the bottom for that might be something to look at later. If it's found to be needed. I don't know if any the flexible filaments can print into useful parts like washers, light duty valve seats, gaskets, grommets, etc. But if they do I will be using them.
    Don't worry. It's just a part of the development process. Every design undergoes (or should undergo) iteration after first contact with users. I'm already planning on doing a flexible filament version with PTFE liners and perhaps a simplified version with just the extruder for people who want to try other hot ends or don't want to deal with all the options.

I found that printing the 3mm version of the body, drilling out the channel with an 11/64" bit makes a perfect fit for a bit of 4mmOD x 2mm ID PTFE tube in the channel.

http://smile.amazon.com/Fluorotherm-...sin=B00KJDK1N4

Still waiting for a few more parts to finish this up, but it looks promising.