Quote Originally Posted by clough42 View Post
There has been a fair amount of interest in a hardware kit, so I've been investigating pricing.

What would you want in a hardware kit for the extruder?

• Screws, bearings, pulleys, belts, springs and insulating tape (of course)
  • Hobbed bolts?
  • Hot ends?
  • Motors?
  • Z probe servo?

If you have stock MakerFarm-shipped RAMPS electronics, you might also need

• A4988 driver board
  • RRD Fan extender

to control the extra motor and print cooling fan.

Everything (except the RAMPS electronics) can be sourced from a combination of MrMetric, MakerFarm, Pololu, McMaster Carr, HobbyKing, Harbor Freight and a couple of Chinese eBay sellers for around $253, including shipping to the US (2-3 weeks). I'll upload a shopping list soon.

I've been investigating volume pricing, and I could probably offer an all-inclusive kit (everything except the RAMPS electronics) shipped Priority Mail in the US for a little less (maybe $230, depending on sourcing).

How much demand would there be for such a kit, or for a cheaper kit without the hot ends and motors?
What would you want in a hardware kit for the extruder? answers

• Screws, bearings, pulleys, belts, springs and insulating tape (of course) = YES to all of that
  • Hobbed bolts? = YES
  • Hot ends? = NO but if talks with Colin go well, having an option to buy 1 or 2 heads might be cool
  • Motors? = Maybe but not really right off the bat
  • Z probe servo? = maybe but we can do that for now
  • Fans? = Yes

If you have stock MakerFarm-shipped RAMPS electronics, you might also need

• A4988 driver board
  • RRD Fan extender

to control the extra motor and print cooling fan.

if talks with colin work out hve it as an option like a drop down list check boxes,
with info on the page about whats parts are need for witch models.

most people with 3dprinters (except makerbot owners) have good Google skills and can source the bigger stuff.