Close

Page 20 of 48 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
    Yes, the display shows both temps however mine is reversed and I can't figure out why. The right-hand temperature readout is of the left-hand hot end.
    Mine is the same way, I have my right hand extruder connected to T0. I think it sees T0 as the primary extruder and places it in the first or left position on the display.

Just view the printer from the back bam all good lol

Student
    Hello can I order a hardware kit to be shipped to New Zealand?

Engineer
    Is there any printed part of this extruder that would be damaged by acetone vapor smoothing? I like the shiny red look in the renderings, and I want to try to achieve that look.

Add RobH2 on Thingiverse
    I wouldn't think so as long as you don't overdo it and you give it time to re-harden. It might change the tolerances for the bearing holes. You could split the main body and just print one of the holes and smooth it to test it. That way you wouldn't waste 8 hours of printing. There isn't anythng that is dependent on really exacting tolerances. As long as the bearings aren't loose and knocking around you'd be OK. The rest of it has a lot of tolerance really.

If you do it please post photos. I'd love to see a real one that was fire engine red and shiny...
    Bambu P1S/AMS
    NVision4D http://nvision4d.com

Engineer
    Should I be using ABS to print it?

Add RobH2 on Thingiverse
    You could use PET or PLA as well. Any rigid filament will work. If you want to smooth it like some other are suggesting then use ABS. Acetone won't smooth PLA or PET. They can be smoothed but I don't think you want to mess with the nasty chemicals that can do it.
    Bambu P1S/AMS

Engineer
    im not worried about smoothing it. just for strength and whats appropirate as an extruder

Add RobH2 on Thingiverse
    Sure, I assumed that. You'll be good with any of the three I mentioned. They are all strong. PLA has the lowest melting point so I'd say ABS and PET are better marginally. There's some heat to deal with at the hot ends so you do want as much temp resistance as you can get. You'll need an insulator between the hot ends and the air intake to keep that shroud from deforming no matter what material you use.
    Bambu P1S/AMS

Quote Originally Posted by adamfilip View Post
    Should I be using ABS to print it?
    I use ABS and recommend it. In addition to the higher melting point, it has less surface friction, so the filament should feed a little better than PLA.

Page 20 of 48 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast