Close

Hybrid View

Student
    Add jakers181008 on Thingiverse
    AHH thank you i will try that right now, thanks!

Add printbus on Thingiverse
    Lack of an SD card shouldn't be a problem. I run Marlin that way all the time. Although dacb's fork has the auto leveling capability, it is something that is easily disabled in the configuration.h file. As best I can tell, an I3 printer is just a mechanically improved version of the I2, and the I3V uses a v-rail instead of the linear rods and bearings. Stepper motors and belts are still used in the same places. My point was that starting with something like the MakerFarm build would likely get you closer to a working version of reprap prusa firmware with RAMPS/LCD/SD than a fresh download from the Marlin source. Would you be able to use it exactly as is? Maybe not. Differences in gear ratios and threaded Z rods might lead to some tweaking. And I haven't looked at your LCD panel to see if it's different.
    Last edited by printbus; 11-14-2014 at 07:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by printbus View Post
    Although dacb's fork has the auto leveling capability, it is something that is easily disabled in the configuration.h file.
    Just as an interesting technical tidbit... If you are running an Auto Bed Leveling version of the firmware... You should be able to use it on a non-Auto Bed Leveling platform. You just don't do a G29 to generate a correction matrix. So what I'm saying is... You could use the fork without turning off the Auto Bed Leveling.