Close

Page 20 of 38 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxy View Post
    Some of the 'Corrections' for where the nozzle is left might not make sense with this change.
    Yes, I plan to walk back my own corrections for G28 after adding this new line. Still trying to decide if I want to download an updated Marlin or not, it's hard to figure out what's usable.

Well... The Marlin code base is frozen right now... So this fork is pretty current. And those extra corrections mostly raised the nozzle a small amount. So I suspect this patch is going to help. Also, it isn't going to be hard to identify and pull out any extra raise of the nozzle if it bothers you! Other than I keep getting distracted (OpenJScad now!!!) it shouldn't be a big a deal to check out DACB's fork with this change. I just haven't done it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Roxy View Post
    Well... The Marlin code base is frozen right now... So this fork is pretty current. And those extra corrections mostly raised the nozzle a small amount. So I suspect this patch is going to help. Also, it isn't going to be hard to identify and pull out any extra raise of the nozzle if it bothers you! Other than I keep getting distracted (OpenJScad now!!!) it shouldn't be a big a deal to check out DACB's fork with this change. I just haven't done it yet.
    I started with https://github.com/beckdac/Marlin.git from commit 6de51c0 and added the change.

What it did for me was after a G28 it was at the correct height and not 4mm too high like it was before the change. It also let me turn off Z_SAFE_HOME and the Y Axis would no longer move during the initial Z raise. Before the change it would move Y 10mm due to the home_retract_mm setting for Y set to 5mm.

I have printed by doing just a G28 after power up and it printed fine. I also printed doing a G28 then G29 and it printed fine.

I put in a pull request to the above version so the change can be grabbed from the request if needed. Hopefully it works for everyone and can get added in.

Quick questions.
    1. When I run G29 does the topo get storied for the next prints?
    2. How do I change the number of probe points I know there are several probe maps in the config but how do I select?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by beerdart View Post
    Quick questions.
    1. When I run G29 does the topo get storied for the next prints?
    2. How do I change the number of probe points I know there are several probe maps in the config but how do I select?

Thanks
    If you get the Enhanced G29 stuff going... You can go look in the 'Firmware Enhancements for Marlin' folder for the M499 feature. That will store the bed level correction matrix and allow you to avoid doing G29's until things change enough that it makes sense to do it again.

Technician
    ok i found my issue i was missing the Board.h File . any particular reason why this file is not included? i copied from the firmware im currently using..

hi,

im trying to upload the firmware to my rambo board and im getting this error, i already changed the motheboard to 301 . changed my ABL, servo settings and E-steps .. but for some reason im getting this error . any ideas what im doing wrong? im currently running the latest marlin firmware but im having some trouble with extrution, temperature and inconsistency .

This report would have more information with
    "Show verbose output during compilation"
    enabled in File > Preferences.
    Arduino: 1.0.6 (Windows NT (unknown)), Board: "Arduino Mega 2560 or Mega ADK"
    In file included from /Marlin.h:23,
    from BlinkM.cpp:5:
    /pins.h:4:20: error: boards.h: No such file or directory
    /pins.h:6:8: error: missing binary operator before token "("
    /pins.h:2523:7: error: missing binary operator before token "("
    /pins.h:2625:7: error: missing binary operator before token "("
    /pins.h:2736:7: error: missing binary operator before token "("
    /pins.h:2831:7: error: missing binary operator before token "("
    /pins.h:2931:2: error: #error Unknown MOTHERBOARD value in configuration.h
    Last edited by pichuete; 01-20-2015 at 10:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pichuete View Post
    ok i found my issue i was missing the Board.h File . any particular reason why this file is not included? i copied from the firmware im currently using..

Arduino: 1.0.6 (Windows NT (unknown)), Board: "Arduino Mega 2560 or Mega ADK"
    In file included from /Marlin.h:23,
    from BlinkM.cpp:5:
    /pins.h:4:20: error: boards.h: No such file or directory
    /pins.h:6:8: error: missing binary operator before token "("
    /pins.h:2523:7: error: missing binary operator before token "("
    It is almost as if you did not specify the correct board in the 'Tools' section of Arduino. But any Marlin archive you grab should have a complete set of files that will compile if you have your environment setup correctly.

Engineer-in-Training
    So excited to find this thread. Thanks Roxy for pointing it out to me. So Far I have been trying to get the firmware I downloaded from this post up and running and I had a few issues. Particularly the weird G28 behavior where is ends its movements above the bed.

My question is which should I be using? The link in the first post of this thread, or the other one. This seems to be more "maker farm" specific. How do I know which it the correct, most current "fixed" firmware to be using? Does the link on the first page always get updated with the preferred firmware?

How come this thread is not linked and stickied in the MakerFarm section?

Quote Originally Posted by tsteever View Post
    So excited to find this thread. Thanks Roxy for pointing it out to me. So Far I have been trying to get the firmware I downloaded from this post up and running and I had a few issues. Particularly the weird G28 behavior where is ends its movements above the bed.
    That is a feature. And in fact, that may be in the main Erik Zalm branch of the tree now. The reason that is a 'feature' is because some people have Z Probes that rotate when they disengage and actually go lower than what the Z_PROBE_OFFSET is specified at. You want to have some clearance so the probes don't strike the bed when engaging or disengaging.

My question is which should I be using? The link in the first post of this thread, or the other one. This seems to be more "maker farm" specific. How do I know which it the correct, most current "fixed" firmware to be using? Does the link on the first page always get updated with the preferred firmware?
    MakerFarm had a few things that needed to be smoothed over and that was the reason for the thread. But the smoothed over version for MakerFarm also included the Enhanced G29. MakerFarm is a very generic RepRap printer. If you take the MakerFarm fork and put your configuration.h settings in it, you will be at a very similar place to if you took the most recent Erik Zalm Marlin fork, added your configuration.h settings and then did the work to add the Enhanced G29 code. Going with the MakerFarm version is more straight forward.

How come this thread is not linked and stickied in the MakerFarm section?
    Perhaps it should be... I don't know how many MakerFarm people are using DACB's Marlin fork. If it is enough, maybe we should stickie the thread???

Technician
    I am using it, just not with ABL. Works great.

Page 20 of 38 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast