Close

Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25333435

Hybrid View

- What is the most interesting thing you have seen done with a 3D printer or 3D printing technology?

3D printer into space to built working tools.

- If you could build your dream 3D printer, what would it include and what would it do? Let your imagination run wild!

print electronics and food so I can print a Mc-Donalds restaurant with burgers to heat

- What is the most interesting thing you have seen done with a 3D printer or 3D printing technology?

Artwork that would be hopelessly impossible to sculp.

- If you could build your dream 3D printer, what would it include and what would it do? Let your imagination run wild!

I would love to be able to print photovoltaics, I could single handed save the world from global warming.

Jeffery

What is the most interesting thing you have seen done with a 3D printer or 3D printing technology?

I saw an architect use it to make a model of their design. It was really cool! They drew up all the detailed plans and then made a small model of the finished product.

If you could build your dream 3D printer, what would it include and what would it do? Let your imagination run wild!

It would be the size of a garage (actually, would fit withing the confines of the garage) and be able to make large scale items, but more importantly it would have a built-in scan function. So, I could walk into the garage, scan a detailed scan of myself and then walk out and get a scale model of myself built (either action figure size all the way up to life size).

I retweeted under the name @JCHARRIES

I would say the expanding field of 3D printed medical implants from hearing aids to dental and expanding as far as new matrixes for rebuilding bone.

My dream printer would have the following items:
    A minimum of a 12" X 12" X 12" build volume
    An insulated heated build chamber that included a refillable carbon filter to remove odors from ABS, Nylon etc..
    A removable heated build plate secured by switched electro-magnets
    I would also include some of the safety features as the Z18 like filament feed and loss monitoring
    A video monitoring system like the Z18, only better
    Enclosed filament storage for materials in use

I'm sure I'll think up some others.
    Last edited by Superdave; 12-28-2014 at 03:27 PM.

My Entry

The wrench (ratcheting socket driver) printed on the International Space Station. Interesting because is seems like the infancy of "transporter" technology. Also interesting because is sort of represents a full circle of aerospace level tech of rapid protyping going to commercial going back to aerospace.

My dream 3D printer would use anything as raw material; break it down to electrons, protons, and neutrons or their energy; reassemble them into the requisite elements and compounds; and be in the form of an autonomous robot able to move in 3D in order to not be limited in the size of the 3D printed object. It would have nearly unlimited 3D printing capability. Energy required could be derived in part from the fission and fusion required to transmute the raw material and some additional to make the process happen. 3D print anything from homeless shelters to food to replacement body parts to planets.

Student
    I would like to enter this contest:

-The most amazing 3D print I have ever seen was the printing of a yearbook for blind high school students. The pictures of students were 3D printed as scale figures for these visually impaired students so they could save their high school memories. This is the most heartwarming 3D printing-inspired story I have hear thus far.

-My dream 3D printer would be able to print in any medium possible. Also, it would use multiple extruders to increase the printing rate. It would also have arms to act a movable struts to facilitate printing at angles.

Follow Eddie On Twitter Add Eddie on Facebook Add Eddie on Google+ Add Eddie on Shapeways Add Eddie on Thingiverse
    CONTEST CLOSED.... Stay tuned for list of winners!

Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25333435