Close

Hybrid View

My entry:

- What is the most interesting thing you have seen done with a 3D printer or 3D printing technology?

I think it would have to be the 3D printed castle that Andrey Rudenko has built. This shows a great future for the technology.

- If you could build your dream 3D printer, what would it include and what would it do? Let your imagination run wild!

I would have a 3D printer with 3 different nozzles so I could print in 3 different colors. It would also be super fast.

What is the most interesting thing you have seen done with a 3D printer or 3D printing technology?
    I think it would be a prosthetic hand. Used to pop off the arms and hands of my GI Joes, He Man and Star Wars action figures when I was a kid. Amazing to think we could see a day where you could replace an appendage like an accessory.

- If you could build your dream 3D printer, what would it include and what would it do? Let your imagination run wild!

To be honest guys, I'd just like one that I could print some pretty cool stuff. I'd like for it to be large enough where I could print instruments that we could play in the music class. We could design jewelry and toys in art. Accessories and props for the theater department. Really, I'm interested to see what the kids come up with and watch their imaginations run wild.

It's really exciting to think about.

- What is the most interesting thing you have seen done with a 3D printer or 3D printing technology?

It would definitely be Neri Oxman’s work that explores nature’s organic forms. There is a remarkable amount of detail that is captured in her multi-material 3d prints that is so mesmerizing. By studying her works, you begin to understand the intricate relationships that exist in organisms.

It would include a scanner and be able to extrude composite materials of different transparencies, flexibilities, and strengths. This would allow for greater possibilities for product design and prototyping, making it easy to modify designs. It would also have a built-in camera to record the whole process of 3d printing!