Close

Threaded View

If you only print smaller parts in pla, it'd still work. It will be slow, prints will be messy and ugly but it'll work. He's only asking for 299 anyways.
    What I don't like is that he outright lied about things. On the 50 micron accuracy, here is no way in hell that printer can produce details that fine, anyone with any real world knowledge about 3d printers will know. Too bad the people in their comments section have absolutely no clue. He said that IM will be finalized by August 2nd, which is another lie. The parts look nothing like IM ready and by the looks of the prints, they're still tweaking the "design". Delivery by October? The backers won't see this thing maybe for another year, another lie. 150mm/s printing speed, a major selling point in the pitch, again will never be achieved in the real world.
    Despite the lies or should I call it false optimism, if people want to buy a ridiculously cheap, low quality printer, I think that's perfectly ok. But they should know that the bot will not be fast and will not produce high quality prints even after weeks of tinkering. Now they're misled by the fancy tech specs that will never to achieved.
    Last edited by 14thcarrot; 08-07-2014 at 12:58 PM.