Close

Hybrid View

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    clear you will struggle with.

You can print with pet-g (or pet - but pet-g is better for printing with). You do get clear filament - but it tends to look like this when printed at speed:

The best way to get a clear print would be and sla machine and clear resin, they can print working optical lenses. But not fast or big.

to give you some idea - the above spool is 150mm diameter and 50mm high and uses 26grams of clear pla. I can run one off in just over an hour. Yes it's rough as a cob, but 100% functional, the wasp should be able to print it in half the time.
    White pla or pet-g can be easily sanded to be smooth so that's not a big issue. Clear is an issue.
    You can buy resin to smooth the outside layers which apparently makes it very clear - but I suspect you'd also need to paint the inside of the container as well to make it really clear.

I've never bothered, so can't tell you if it works well or not.

The slower you print clear filament, generally the clearer it is.
    But I would say that's going to be your biggest issue.

The rest is not an issue and the right pla will print ridiculously fast.

Lots of coke bottles on thingiverse, I'll slice one and see how quick it prints :-)

Okay I can print a pretty decent 6 inch tall coke bottle in about an hour and a quarter.
    I'll run one off later so you can see just how rough it looks, kind of curious myself - currently working on parts for my own giant delta :-)

Steam shot is fine. That's not long enough to melt anything you're liable to print.

So short of being really clear fdm would work well for you.

No reason you should just have the one printer, so contact these people: http://wave3dpro.com/
    Pretty big volume for an sla machine.
    A reason for having both fdm and sla printers is simple.
    Fdm plastic is currently 10% the cost of sla resins.

But that would give you really clear prints. - ah, $60,000 - maybe not.
    https://www.tctmagazine.com/3d-print...la-3d-printer/
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 10-23-2017 at 02:07 PM.