Close

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    weird that. Both your posts yesterday were awaiting moderation.
    Which is odd as they weren't your first posts and there weren't any links in them.
    Approved them both. Hopefully you won't have any more problems.
    Am I allowed to post links here?

Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    Your laser idea sounds a lot like the sadly defunct Peachy printer.
    have a look through this section: http://3dprintboard.com/forumdisplay.php?14-Peachy-Printer-Forum
    Holy Cow, that's some drama there.

I'd prefer to spend a more money and have something better. After spending a hour last night going through the drama videos, today I did find some of the actual printer. It seems to me that the water drip is too low budget for me. I'd prefer to use a stepper motor.

The galvanometer they used, super low budget also. Makes me wonder though, if any of the light show galvanometers on EBay could be used. They aren't that expensive and I couldn't see them being worse than the peachy one, which appears to have worked, although I never did find a real time or time lapse video.

Really, my idea was to hack a laser printer, which normally prints onto a spinning drum, so the galvanometer only does one axis. This would need to be driven in the second axis, either with screws or belts. A wiper would be easy to add to the front of this assembly. The electronics of how to hack this and control it with print software is where I am weak.

Sorry for the need to edit this.
    Last edited by Don McLean; 10-15-2017 at 01:36 PM.