Close

Hybrid View

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    Umm. if it says 120v - then it needs to be pluigged into the us mains. you know 120volts :-)

You will need a mosfet to let the board control the pad while the pad draws power from the mains. ie: unless it says 12 or 24 volts it does not plug into the printer's power supply, but directly into mains 220volts for the uk and europe and 120 for canada and the states - cos' you lot have always been awkward buggers about that kind of thing :-)

You bought a duet wifi !
    wow - nice guys, had a long chat with them at tct and they were running some really cool printers from the duet boards. Including one with a 6 way mixer head !
    Apparently the firmware is universal and everything is controlled and adjusted from an uploaded text file. Sounded great, but i already knew what they cost, and they're just way out of my budget range.
    But way to rich for my blood. In 30 years of building pcs I've never paid that much for a board, not even for a hi-end gaming system.
    I'm currently debating whether to fork out for a mks sbase - the 32bit arm version which will run smoothie ware (so i can borrow the tevo little monster firmware).

The duet wifi is actually over £100 more than the mks sbase that even comes with a basic lcd screen !
    Is it worth it ?
    Honestly don't know.

They also sell a delta effector made from circuit board that has flashing lights and built in sensors so you probe the board with the effector and nozzle acting as the probe.
    It's clever stuff - but not cheap :-)

Had a look at the rumba - too hobbyist for me. I like specific sockets labelled and obvious - you know, for idiots :-)

caved in and ordered an mks sbase 1.3 + basic lcd screen for £45.
    This way i can use the touch screen for the sbase and the lcd for the mks base which don't want to talk to anyone.
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 10-14-2017 at 09:32 AM.