Well, yesterday the SD card was the least of my worries. I had my second extruder clog/filament jam since I've owned the machine, and it was my own damned fault. I added an extra process into a Simplify file at the last minute and forgot to check the defaulty temperature settings. A third of the way into the print, when it hit that process (I was printing PLA from the left extruder), the temperature for both extruders shot up to the ABS settings - the left extruder 30 degrees hotter than I wanted, the right extruder cooking while doing nothing, and the bed 50 degrees hotter.

I decided to let it run and hope for the best. About 30 to 40 minutes later, when it hit the end of that process - the left extruder essentially shut down while it had to cool 30 degrees. Guess how well that worked? Yep, you guessed. Had to tear the whole thing apart - had truble getting the left stepper motor out and ended up taking apart the right too - which meant when I put it back together, I didn't have one fan as reference - I ended up putting then on backwards. Luckily I caught that error almost instantly, because the fan sounded different.

Bit off topic, I know, but moral of the story is - always check those temp settings for both extruders! And if you do see the temps shoot up because you got settings wrong - don't hope for the best! Shut down the print instantly!

Okay, back to SD cards.....