Close

Threaded View

Technologist
    Ok, Tried for the first time today. Used your settings, 240/90, fan off until layer 4. Skirt and initial outline failed to stick. Aborted. Cleaned green tape ( gotta change it out, its been on there too long (~ 140 M of pure printing fun ) with isopropyl alcohol and tried again. Still some skirt adhesion issues, but kept going........ Outline sticking, interior sticking.... looks like a go.

18 minutes later, my first ABS print. ( small skeleton ) pictures in a minute.

Observations:
    Takes a long time time for the heat bed to get up to temperature.
    As you previously observed, it really creeps up to the target temp, last 5 degrees really slowly.
    Heatbed cools off quickly. Most of the print it was running at 87.5*. Could not keep up. Ambient temp in house about 75*F (~24*C). Might try your foil tape insulation, or a small partial enclosure (removable ) in plexiglass. Maybe a firmware setting to help?
    I preset temp to 100. When it got to 91* ( got there faster then when set to 90 ( but you already noted this ), then started print, which overrode the preset value
    Smell of ABS is there, but not too bad.

EDIT: here are 2 pictures of my first ABS print. I'm very happy with them.
    Front:
    ABS-skeleton-front.jpg

Back: You can see in the feet that my bed is not level. I have to correct that.
    ABS-skeleton-back.jpg

The eSun ABS glow in the dark filament was a good choice.

EDIT2: Started using Octoprint as I moved the printer to it's home in my office. I like it. Easy to slice in S3D on my laptop, and then in Octoprint ( on my RPi ) upload and print file and monitor the print job. Have to get a webcam to watch it live. Very nice.
    Last edited by mjf55; 10-06-2017 at 10:59 AM.