Close

printer printing onto the air instead of the plate

I have a Monoprice MP Select Mini 3D Printer, and I recently got in my filament. I am trying to print a test job, but the printer is not printing onto the plate. it is instead printing into the air. If I make the printer nozzle go lower it resents to a higher position before I print. Please someone help me.

Add Marm on Thingiverse
    Recalibrate or relevel the bed. The bed is most likely in a different position than where the printer thinks it is. If not, check your gcode for some instruction causing it to lift. What slicer are you using? There my be a setting wrong there.

Im using slic3r. I may know what it is. is there A way I can post a video to the thread?

Actually I believe I have it fixed but it may only be temperary. but I am having a new problem. I am printing but it isnt sticking to the board. only some of it sticks

Technician
    I had slic3r raising my nozzle about 2 mm before every print. I switched to Matter Control. Better interface and consistent prints.

What setting raises the nozzel in splicer? And i may try that as well

Add Marm on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by theamanjadon View Post
    Actually I believe I have it fixed but it may only be temperary. but I am having a new problem. I am printing but it isnt sticking to the board. only some of it sticks
    Try glue stick.

I'm going to add that to my signature.

What are you using for adhesive?