Close

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Hybrid View

Student
    Hi,
    My name is Andy and I live in Wales hence the moniker. I have only been 3d printing since just before Christmas this year. I bought (or got given as presents) all, except the plastic, parts for a Prusa I3. A friend had a Prusa Mendel I2 which he had bought as a kit but had not finished. I kept pestering him to finish it so he could print the plastic parts for me. He said if I wanted I could borrow his printer get it working and print my parts. It took me about three weeks, off and on, to iron out all the problems and get it working. I have had to give this printer back now but I have my I3 all assembled. I have just solved a problem with the Z axis so all the bits move as they should. Now "all !!" I have to do is go through the pain stage to get it all calibrated and printing.

Andy

Hi all!

Thanks for your story of your start as I RepRapper, DrLuigi. I use to recommend people interested in building a 3d-printer not only to buy a kit, but also to find and meet an experienced RepRapper in person. Both the know-how and the motivation gets a serious boost that way

I built my first Printrbot Plus march 2013. Been building since then. Ca 13 other RapRaps, kits, self-sourced ones, alone and together with others. Mendel, Huxley, Ormerod, Rostock Max, SmartRap. In the process of sourcing a Morgan and a self-designed one too.

The hardest thing I've done so far is starting and maintaining a 3d-print lab at Umeå University (our wiki). Hard because it meant convincing lots of smart people to invest their time. The printers there are running more or less every day now, printing equipment for the researchers (mostly physics, but others as well) and serving as an integrated part of an undergraduate course for the engineering physics students.

I love engineering, economy, politics, art, evolution, programming and to share with others, so I love the RepRap project. Exponential growth in the number of RepRaps is such a fascinating thought that I use it as a sort of ultimate goal of all my little projects. Eventually I will probably have to prioritize making some money from this hobby in order to be able to continue at the same pace :P

I'm thrilled to be here where people are already convinced that RepRap is worthwile, I should have come to be active here much earlier! I will help moderate this forum and hope it will produce lots of interesting discussions.

Glad to meet you. Read my blog, I will definitely read yours

Student
    Hello everybody, my name is Brent.

Back in high school i developed a strong passion for manufacturing and decided to pursue an engineering degree. Directly out of high school I earned an AAS in Mechanical Engineering while working as a CNC machinist/programmer at a small local production shop. My interest in manufacturing quickly became strongly focused on the machines themselves, I just can't seem to learn enough. After about 6 years working with CNC machining equipment I obtained an engineering position at large healthcare equipment manufacturer and have been slowing working toward a bachelors degree. I couldn't imagine being in any other field.

I just recently got into the 3d printing hobby (not sure what took me so long). I built my first 3d printer (Mendel i2) about 2 months ago which was a blast and has continued to be.

Glad to meet everyone and look forward to future discussions.

Hello everyone, my name is James. I am currently in the midst of my b.s./m.s. in nano engineering with a minor in business. My primary focus is the development of nanomaterials within the 3d printing world hopefully making them stronger, cconductive, etc. My main contribution to this reprap forum will be in the delta style 3D printer.

Hi all. I'm John. Long time 3d printing fanboy, but I just got an Ormerod kit a few weeks ago. Been doing some electronic and mechanical hacks to it, and will probably keep doing so infinitely...

I'm just starting out with 3d Printing. I'm looking at building my own delta 3d printer when I get some funds together. Eventually, I would like to get into business with 3d printing.

I've been asked to moderate the reprap subforum. I'm looking forward to getting involved.

Cheers,
    Martin

Sorry, I have broken forum etiquette by making multiple posts before introducing myself.

I'm based in Australia and have a long term interest in 3D design from a purely amateur hobby basis and have played around with 3D Studio MAX and it's predecessors for the last 20 years.
    I have a 3D StuffMaker Evolution, purchased late last year which I have already customised with a redesigned extruder, an illuminated nozzle fan and filament feeder. All designed by me and built on the printer.
    I love the bleeding edge nature of the current range of hobby level printers and enjoy the development, tweaking and improving of the printer as much as I do producing printed objects.

Technician
    I am Bruno. I love to tinker and take on projects. Variety is the spice of life.

My hobbies
    Cars
    Computers
    now 3d printers.

My Job?
    Systems Engineer (Computers)

Hello I'm in Canada,

I run a MIX G1 3d printer using a version of Marlin
    P8040158.jpg
    Currently Building a second unit with 3d printed enclosures for ramps and smart controller
    aluminum build plate and main Mounting platform
    P8100177.jpg
    UPDATES-----
    Progress so far on the second printer is going well awaiting a supply unit to arrive
    extruder, steppers, and full operations in Repetier-Host all tested fine using a 3s lipo & 5v from usb
    P9180089.jpg
    Last edited by irun4fundotca; 10-08-2014 at 10:11 AM.

Hey everyone I'm in Tasmania, just got my Makerfarm I3v 10"
    Love prop making (mostly Iron Man and star wars)

Im a glazier by trade, but now spend my days quoting house windows.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast