Close

Page 88 of 411 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098138188 ... LastLast
    I wanted to mention that I contacted Qidi and they told me they will have a larger printer out this year and the engineers are working on it now. So, there is still some hope.

Quote Originally Posted by kaznad View Post
    Hi Guys,

I tried printing using the white ABS filament that came with it for the first time. The first layer was a hot mess, it didn't stick to the bed. It was like it was spreading glue on the print bed. After 2-3 layers it seemed like it was printing ok again. But the first layer looked bad after the print. So I tried again but this time using a Raft and it came out perfectly. So I guess the bed adhesion is the problem. I used S3D with 110C bed temp and 230C for the Extruder, with all the covers closed. Any tips on to get a good hold for the 1st layer?

Oh and guys please advise me on the bent rod that connects the y axis? Qidi has come back to me and says that this rod will not affect anything. But when I insisted they agreed to send me the replacement rod but warned me that the replacement is going to be difficult and I might end up breaking the printer.

Thanks.
    I do not own this printer but the required use of a raft in the RepRap world normally dictates that the bed is not perfectly flat as all a raft is doing is globbing down some filament until a certain height is reached so it is level, and flat, from there on. Once people had printers with a level, flat, and dialed in bed Rafts went the way of the do-do bird.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAlchemist View Post
    I wanted to mention that I contacted Qidi and they told me they will have a larger printer out this year and the engineers are working on it now. So, there is still some hope.
    That is odd, just today Qidi told me that they will have a smaller with a build size of 150 x 145 x 150 mm coming soon.

I do not own this printer but the required use of a raft in the RepRap world normally dictates that the bed is not perfectly flat as all a raft is doing is globbing down some filament until a certain height is reached so it is level, and flat, from there on. Once people had printers with a level, flat, and dialed in bed Rafts went the way of the do-do bird.
    Thanks for the tip. but if the bed was not level I should have the same issue printing PLA right? But printing PLA is fine for me. If anything PLA prints stick too much till they are a hassle to take them out.

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    It really helps if you have a video of what is happening. Also run a skirt around the object using S3D. It could be trammed too close or could be trammed too far.

Did you level bed with it heated and nozzle cold? If not that is best. Make sure the nozzle tip is clean as it can throw off the gap if it has a little filament sticking out.

Hi Guys,

I tried printing using the white ABS filament that came with it for the first time. The first layer was a hot mess, it didn't stick to the bed. It was like it was spreading glue on the print bed. After 2-3 layers it seemed like it was printing ok again. But the first layer looked bad after the print. So I tried again but this time using a Raft and it came out perfectly. So I guess the bed adhesion is the problem. I used S3D with 110C bed temp and 230C for the Extruder, with all the covers closed. Any tips on to get a good hold for the 1st layer?

Oh and guys please advise me on the bent rod that connects the y axis? Qidi has come back to me and says that this rod will not affect anything. But when I insisted they agreed to send me the replacement rod but warned me that the replacement is going to be difficult and I might end up breaking the printer.

Thanks.

Super Moderator
    How bad is that rod bent? Does it just wobble a little? That should be ok, and yes replacing it requires complete disassembly of the printer top. You might be better off just tweaking it the other way a bit. They are right, it should affect anything unless it is really really bent. It isn't like a bent lead screw that can affect a print.

Quote Originally Posted by jfkansas View Post
    It really helps if you have a video of what is happening. Also run a skirt around the object using S3D. It could be trammed too close or could be trammed too far.

Did you level bed with it heated and nozzle cold? If not that is best. Make sure the nozzle tip is clean as it can throw off the gap if it has a little filament sticking out.

That is odd, just today Qidi told me that they will have a smaller with a build size of 150 x 145 x 150 mm coming soon.
    Friend ,

We will have big size printier , but not now ,
    Our engineer still in the design , need several monthes ,
    Sorry .

Yours Sincerely,
    Emily Peng
    Sales manager
    Ruian Qidi Technology Co.,Ltd

Now I asked for more information, any information, but no reply except they didn't have pictures which is not what I was asking for. I mean I just want to know if they have any ideas on how much bigger as I am not interested in waiting for months and months only to find out I waited for nothing.

Super Moderator
    Several months? lol I designed a Printer in a weekend.

Now testing and setting up a manufacturing and supply line can take months.

Quote Originally Posted by jfkansas View Post
    Several months? lol I designed a Printer in a weekend.

Now testing and setting up a manufacturing and supply line can take months.
    Well, it is a bit differently when it is your business and you have to design based on the moron scale (also called the LCD scale) because you have no ideas what type of person will be using your printer so you take more time trying to make it easy enough so there are less emails, and calls but when you design for yourself you know your own capabilities so much less time is needed. There is a reason it can take sometimes years for a project to leave out of R&D.

They never replied back to me so I begin to question how reliable they are AND one of my questions to them was this...is the printer on eBay the same model as what is being sold by them on Amazon? Quietness speaks louder than words so I just hope they suddenly got busy.

They never replied back to me so I begin to question how reliable they are AND one of my questions to them was this...is the printer on eBay the same model as what is being sold by them on Amazon? Quietness speaks louder than words so I just hope they suddenly got busy.
    Come on man. The QIDI Tech guys really give good support, even good after sale support. You can read the past posts to see the truth to it. When you first receive the printer, you will realize how well it is packaged and how thoughtful they are to include a lot of spare and tools you need.

Regarding the Amazon question, I have already asked this question to them and yes it is the same printer. You can help yourself and buy it from ebay, use the money saved to get Simpliy3D software. And regarding the new printer they are working on, Emily has confirmed that both information are true. Next month they will release a smaller printer and around Sept they will release the bigger printer. But to be honest you can't expect them to answer a lot of question on an unreleased product. Until it is launched, a lot of specifics can change.

Really no disrespect to you man. Peace.

Come on man. The QIDI Tech guys really give good support, even good after sale support. You can read the past posts to see the truth to it. When you first receive the printer, you will realize how well it is packaged and how thoughtful they are to include a lot of spare and tools you need.

Regarding the Amazon question, I have already asked this question to them and yes it is the same printer. You can help yourself and buy it from ebay, use the money saved to get Simpliy3D software. And regarding the new printer they are working on, Emily has confirmed that both information are true. Next month they will release a smaller printer and around Sept they will release the bigger printer. But to be honest you can't expect them to answer a lot of question on an unreleased product. Until it is launched, a lot of specifics can change.

Really no disrespect to you man. Peace.
    I know I can't but I was just asking what they are striving for for the build platform. My question about the Amazon vs eBay is because I had a couple of things where the versions were not exactly the same so that is why I was asking if they are the exact same versions (remember these people make improvements all of the time and release newer versions constantly). As far as saving money I already have over a hundred in Amazon cash so already cheaper than eBay for me and besides that 145mm is just not going to cut it.

I wonder how much more expensive this newer, and bigger, printer will be?

Page 88 of 411 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098138188 ... LastLast