Close

Page 87 of 411 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997137187 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rcleav View Post
    Your best bet is to make an offer on Ebay. Search Qidi Tech.
    In the US we can get it for $629.00 shipped and there support is excellent even from China. Feel free to read through this thread for more opinions.
    Exactly what I am doing. The first thing I already find saddening is how small the print volume is. That is a bitter pill to swallow considering I was already unhappy with the print volume of the i3 on a few occasions.

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    New platform on left, stock on right. One thing this does is puts the plug in front. I actually prefer the plug in front since the cables lay a little better since they exit the from underneath toward the back. Less chance of getting the wiring bound up like this...plus you can keep an eye on the condition of the plug.

I know it looks big, but it is actually 4oz lighter than the stock metal.

IMG_20160410_162449513_HDR.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by jfkansas View Post
    New platform on left, stock on right. One thing this does is puts the plug in front. I actually prefer the plug in front since the cables lay a little better since they exit the from underneath toward the back. Less chance of getting the wiring bound up like this...plus you can keep an eye on the condition of the plug.

I just wouldn't trust a plastic printed part for that purpose. They made it metal, from an earlier version I saw that used plastic, for a lot of the positives the metal brings to the table.

Oh, btw, this printer is now $799 buy it now so there goes the posts I read with the "make them an offer" they mentioned.

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    That isn't plastic, lol. It is 5mm carbon fiber plate. Stuff is stiff, I might change to 4mm CF cause this 5mm is kinda overkill...

Add rcleav on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAlchemist View Post
    Seems this printer has a smaller print volume than even the Dreamer which has a far lesser print volume than an I3. Stinks.
    Oh, btw, this printer is now $799 buy it now so there goes the posts I read with the "make them an offer" they mentioned.
    It hast he same print volume as a Flashforge Creator Pro. The X and Z are 5mm less then the Dreamer.
    Not a bad trade off for $470 less then the Dreamer.

You didn't look very hard.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/2016-Newest-...oAAOSwoudW1jOw
    Last edited by rcleav; 04-10-2016 at 07:41 PM.

Add rcleav on Thingiverse
    That isn't plastic, lol. It is 5mm carbon fiber plate. Stuff is stiff, I might change to 4mm CF cause this 5mm is kinda overkill...
    Looks great

Technologist
    Add KludgeGuru on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by caall99 View Post
    Kludge! I love what you did here. Looks very professional! I assume disassembly is limited to the rear panel? I am interested in attempting this mod as well, but am more focused on pertinent issues, such as a flat build plate.
    Thanks. Unfortunately disassembly is a little complicated. You have to remove all 4 side panels (about 36 screws), and then you have to remove the top metal frame (about 17 screws). Then you can disassemble the Z-Axis (about 20 screws). It feels like stripping the machine down to its bones. This is the main reason I haven't posted it to Thingiverse... I haven't had the time or the motivation to write up installation instructions.

Technologist
    Add KludgeGuru on Thingiverse

That looks good, carbon fiber will be much better than the metal platform.

Quote Originally Posted by rcleav View Post
    It hast he same print volume as a Flashforge Creator Pro. The X and Z are 5mm less then the Dreamer.
    Not a bad trade off for $470 less then the Dreamer.

You didn't look very hard.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/2016-Newest-...oAAOSwoudW1jOw
    You can't make an offer on bids only (auction ones) only the set price ones have an option for a best offer which is at $799.

Also, I am unsure why it had to be smaller but after much consideration the print volume is just too small for the stuff I like to do. Shame, but I am willing to spend $500 more for a printer like this if it has a x/y print volume of an i3 but I haven't found one yet. Not sure why though.

Hi Guys,

I tried printing using the white ABS filament that came with it for the first time. The first layer was a hot mess, it didn't stick to the bed. It was like it was spreading glue on the print bed. After 2-3 layers it seemed like it was printing ok again. But the first layer looked bad after the print. So I tried again but this time using a Raft and it came out perfectly. So I guess the bed adhesion is the problem. I used S3D with 110C bed temp and 230C for the Extruder, with all the covers closed. Any tips on to get a good hold for the 1st layer?

Oh and guys please advise me on the bent rod that connects the y axis? Qidi has come back to me and says that this rod will not affect anything. But when I insisted they agreed to send me the replacement rod but warned me that the replacement is going to be difficult and I might end up breaking the printer.

Thanks.

Page 87 of 411 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997137187 ... LastLast