Close



Page 387 of 404 FirstFirst ... 287337377385386387388389397 ... LastLast
Results 3,861 to 3,870 of 4037
  1. #3861
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    KS
    Posts
    903
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    Hmm, looks like they have 3/16" and 1/4" listed again. 3/16" is the best.

  2. #3862
    Engineer-in-Training
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Northern Ohio
    Posts
    201
    Quote Originally Posted by jfkansas View Post
    Hmm, looks like they have 3/16" and 1/4" listed again. 3/16" is the best.
    They ran out of stock a while back. This is why i ended up with the 1/8. They are restocked now. I did notice the same thing with their stock. I agree about the 3/16" plates being the best.

    I live less than an hour from them and can pick up same day or get it next day for cheap. At work if i order before 9am i often get it before 3pm. I use them at least once a week for work.

    I might have lucked out. I used to use kapton tape and just tried the fiance's stuff and it worked. Been using it ever since. I bet the PVA content is higher in the cheap stuff.

    BTW you have some nice stuff on your website. That isolator block with the nozzle clamp screws on the side is on my list.
    Last edited by Todd-67; 01-09-2017 at 07:24 PM.

  3. #3863
    Technician
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    91
    Ok this is a weird one but can someone tell me the exact dimensions of the build plate? I have like four sets of notes written down and they range from anywhere from 9x6" to 230x150, to 228x149, etc. I have seen QIDI quote different numbers on Amazon and eBay and the Flashforge Google group has instructions on setting up the machine in Octoprint and they have different numbers too. I know a few mm's don't mean much but I want to get it exactly correct.

  4. #3864
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    KS
    Posts
    903
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    Don't worry about exact. Just get 6x9 size at Mcmaster. 3/16" thick. That is 228 x 152.

  5. #3865
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    874
    The 6X9 fits the FFC nearly perfect size wise while it is off a little for the QIDI but still works fine.

  6. #3866
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    KS
    Posts
    903
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd-67 View Post
    They ran out of stock a while back. This is why i ended up with the 1/8. They are restocked now. I did notice the same thing with their stock. I agree about the 3/16" plates being the best.

    I live less than an hour from them and can pick up same day or get it next day for cheap. At work if i order before 9am i often get it before 3pm. I use them at least once a week for work.

    I might have lucked out. I used to use kapton tape and just tried the fiance's stuff and it worked. Been using it ever since. I bet the PVA content is higher in the cheap stuff.

    BTW you have some nice stuff on your website. That isolator block with the nozzle clamp screws on the side is on my list.

    Thanks, it is a good product, a lot use it. The hot ends are great too, they aren't pictured but I am including a silicon insulator for them also.

  7. #3867
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAlchemist View Post
    Well, PTFE tubes are dirt cheap so that was never an issue. Hell, so cheap you could easily replace it after each print but seriously I would just change it out after each oil change, lol.

    Where have you found those MK10 nozzle sizes for that low of a price and how was their quality? I literally just purchased an entire e3d v6 and volcano (Chinese knock off) with 5 nozzles, the fan, the shroud, the v6 nozzle, two 40w heating cartridges and 1 3950 thermistor for 10 dollars AND the quality floored me. I was expecting garbage (like my last one I purchased last year) and I have to give it a 9/10 and that is saying something. Of course it uses MK8 nozzles which I actually like because they are so cheap. 0.2mm to 1.2mm is what I purchased in varying sizes too.
    Where did you get the knockoff hot ends? How are they working for you now? I am considering getting the E3D V6. Does it work with the Qidi Tech no problem? From what I have heard, the knock off hot ends still have a PTFE insert and do not allow you to go to the higher temperatures for nylong. For that you need an all metal hot end.

  8. #3868
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    KS
    Posts
    903
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by RetroCreo View Post
    Where did you get the knockoff hot ends? How are they working for you now? I am considering getting the E3D V6. Does it work with the Qidi Tech no problem? From what I have heard, the knock off hot ends still have a PTFE insert and do not allow you to go to the higher temperatures for nylong. For that you need an all metal hot end.
    You can't exactly just mount up a E3d setup on a Qidi. It is a lot of work for very little benefit.

  9. #3869
    Quote Originally Posted by jfkansas View Post
    You can't exactly just mount up a E3d setup on a Qidi. It is a lot of work for very little benefit.
    I am looking to print nylon which requires about 250*C at the nozzle. Any recommendations? What is the limiting factor of mounting it?

  10. #3870
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    KS
    Posts
    903
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    You'd have to redesign the whole print head.

Page 387 of 404 FirstFirst ... 287337377385386387388389397 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •