Close

Page 287 of 411 FirstFirst ... 187237277285286287288289297337387 ... LastLast
Results 2,861 to 2,870 of 4110
    Super Moderator
    Has anyone used any of the other top slicers with the QIDI? I thought I might give them a try.

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by wirlybird View Post
    Just started following this area. Seems to be a bit of a gamble but most seem to be good returns because people couldn't get them to work ok.

FFCP went for $530.

Add cncartist on Thingiverse
    Getting the belts out was not a problem! The machine helped on that one! Looking back I think a pair of needle-nose pliers and slide the end of the belt out going toward the middle of the machine or pull toward you. I think you could try to take the spring tensioner off first and it might be a bit easier.
    To re-align I made sure the two belts were exactly the same length, down to the tooth. I then started one end with a specific number of teeth showing beyond the end of the holder then wrapped the belt around got it tight and put the other end in the holder. On the second one I started with the same number of teeth exposed for one end and put the other end in the holder with again the same number of teeth exposed after the holder. I don't know if that got it aligned but it meant the tension should be the same on both sides.
    Finally I loosened the set screws on all of the four "gears", one in each corner so they spun freely then moved the carriage to one end up to the stops and tried to make both side even then tightened the gears back up. Seems to do ok but I am sure my process can be improved. I did this with the whole top off and the gantry unit on the table bolted into the top frame.
    Awesome, thanks for the information!

I'll replace those belts when I notice heavier wear and your instructions should definitely help. I was impressed with this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wsWCcNYri0) and will attempt the belt change with the printer nearly fully assembled.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Finished the print and with much prying and struggling finally got the support to release. The flange connection seems much sturdier than the print with the original orientation, but heck, something else may pop off, who knows.
    It turned out nicely and works as expected, I couldn't see mine breaking anytime soon.

Below are two pictures of how I printed the piece with minor supports:

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    FFCP went for $530.

Yup! I stopped at 5. At that point plus shipping it's a toss on just going the extra for a new one.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by cncartist View Post
    Awesome, thanks for the information!

I'll replace those belts when I notice heavier wear and your instructions should definitely help. I was impressed with this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wsWCcNYri0) and will attempt the belt change with the printer nearly fully assembled.

I pulled it apart because trying to tread the belt back on was a nightmare!

I actually pulled the belts loose last night to reduce the tension slightly and it wasn't so hard. A good pair of longer needle nose and the belt slide out of the holder. I think the thing to do would be to get one end in with equal teeth left to the end of the belt and then mark the other end so you know where you want the teeth to line up on the holder so each side is the same and it may not be to bad. I am not sure if it would be easier to add the tension spring first or after the belt is in place.

Technician
    Has anyone used any of the other top slicers with the QIDI? I thought I might give them a try.
    I've been using Slic3r with a lot of success, after initially using ReplicatorG. The only issue is that I had to completely set up the software myself, but that wasn't too difficult. I modified the G-code for Simplify3D to use Slic3r's variables, then looked at the G-code Slic3r produced and removed some redundancy. I copied what settings I could from the RepicatorG preset as a starting point and tweaked from there.

I'm only use G-code for using both extruders. I've created a filament profile called "none" that I use for the extruder I'm not using, It seems to work well.
    Last edited by JSensebe; 08-19-2016 at 10:30 AM.

QIDI is back up and running with the original extruders. QIDI was great with support for a few questions. I have to admit the QIDI machine is resilient

Couldn't get the Flexion's dialed in to my satisfaction. Going to work on them more, later.
    W - I got the Flexion extruders and took a bit to dial in but now I have the printing near flawlessly w/ ABS, PLA and NinjaFlex (what I really wanted them for). What were you unable to refine? The one thing that is a little bit of a pain is switching materials and having to dial in the cam but Flexion support said, tighten till it clicks while loading filament then loosen half a turn and that has seemed to work. PLA (4), ABS (3) and NinjaFlex (1). Problem is I am missing a thermocoupler for T1 (waiting for it to arrive from China) and when I install I'll have to recalibrate all over again

I know DaveB has seen this but have the rest of you seen the FlashForge Creator Pro Turbo video with all the upgrades he did on Thingiverse? http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1681920

I especially love the external blower with injected cooling - I would love to do that and ditch the fans and show off the Flexion extruders but not really sure where to start...

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by lehighkid View Post
    W - I got the Flexion extruders and took a bit to dial in but now I have the printing near flawlessly w/ ABS, PLA and NinjaFlex (what I really wanted them for). What were you unable to refine? The one thing that is a little bit of a pain is switching materials and having to dial in the cam but Flexion support said, tighten till it clicks while loading filament then loosen half a turn and that has seemed to work. PLA (4), ABS (3) and NinjaFlex (1). Problem is I am missing a thermocoupler for T1 (waiting for it to arrive from China) and when I install I'll have to recalibrate all over again
    Recalibrate what for the thermocouple? I've never had to calibrate temps for anything let alone "recalibrate". :-)

Quote Originally Posted by jfkansas View Post
    Recalibrate what for the thermocouple? I've never had to calibrate temps for anything let alone "recalibrate". :-)
    Sorry, no - not recalibrate the thermocoupler, recalibrate the blocks and height when I run the the new thermocoupler into the heat block because I don't think I will be able to do it while it on the carriage.

Speaking of the thermocoupler, I do find my temps reporting a little lower than actual as warned on Flexion's website as the new heater blocks have the TC in the upper corner opposed to right next to the heat element in the original Qidi blocks.

Page 287 of 411 FirstFirst ... 187237277285286287288289297337387 ... LastLast