Close

3D Printed Iron Throne From Game of Thrones

When he's not repairing Blackhawk and Chinook helicopters for the Colorado National Guard, or working with LulzBot creator Aleph Objects, Miguel Molina is using his LulzBot to create a variety of video game and fantasy figurines. Recently, he created a miniature version of the Iron Throne worthy of inclusion in a miniature Westeros. Using a file created by Thingiverse contributor Revennant for a 3D printable phone stand, he painstakingly painted the throne and it stands as quite a fitting tribute to the show's empire. Check it out here: http://3dprint.com/84331/3d-printed-iron-throne/

Below is a photo of Molina's finished 3D printed Iron Throne (and a dog for scale!):

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    Cute dog :-)
    And a pretty impressive model.

Game of thrones trivia.
    I've met the guy who plays the current 'mountain that rides'
    And if anyone thinks they use special effects to make him seem that big - they don't.
    Hathor julius Bjornson is the largest human being I've ever met.
    He's also one of the strongest humans on the plane. Been in the top three of the world's strongest man competition for the last three years and is one half of the current 'world's strongest team' competition holders.
    There is one strngman taller than thor, sean hagan, an irish guy. But Thor is broader.

See you learn something new every day :-)

Administrator
    Follow SarahA On Twitter
    I love this Iron Throne piece. My phone may or may not need one soon...

Fun trivia about The Mountain: he's the same age as Michael Cera.
    And is made up of approximately 15 Michael Ceras? This might be completely invented.
    Anyway, both were born in 1988. And only one ate his broccoli?