Close

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by huntleybill View Post
    Hi Roxy
    I had the deploy and retract settings at 85/5. I chnged them incrementally by one and wound up at 87/3. It has NOT eliminated the problem but it is less noticable. As for servo shutoff, It must not be set because the probe continues to jump around throughout the print process. (and i don't see anything in RC Servo Support section that references a shutoff)
    You can try going the other way too... 84 / 6 . The Servo Shut Off delay is controlled by:

#define PROBE_SERVO_DEACTIVATION_DELAY 500

(The 500 is in milliseconds. The default is 1/2 second)

Technologist
    Look on buying another servo. I bought http://clough42.com/product/hxt900-servo/ it fixed all the servo twitched I had. I also used one of clough42 modify firmware.

Technologist
    OK...I went back in to config_h and found the servo deactivation..... It was commented out so I uncommented it. It was also set for 300, so I moved it to 500. I won't be able to check it tonight tho.

As for the extend/retract, I did try numbers ranging 79/8 to 88/0. The 87/3 seemed to get the best results.

rhonal89: The servo I have IS the htx900 from clough42. I did not know you could copy his ABL config_h and use it in my current config_h.
    Last edited by huntleybill; 05-29-2015 at 09:42 PM.

rhonal89: The servo I have IS the htx900 from clough42. I did not know you could copy his ABL config_h and use it in my current config_h.
    Yes, he did this to help MakerFarm people. It pretty much should load and go on a MakerFarm printer.

Technologist
    That is interesting Roxy. For clarification, are you saying I can copy the ABL section of the config_h from clough42 and paste it in place of mine? Or copying the entire config_h, or are you saying to use his entire firmware package?

Technologist
    Entire package. And update to you printer setting.
    That is interesting Roxy. For clarification, are you saying I can copy the ABL section of the config_h from clough42 and paste it in place of mine? Or copying the entire config_h, or are you saying to use his entire firmware package?

Technologist
    UPDATE: I took the plunge! I downloaded and installed the firmware Itty Bitty Belted Extruder: i3v_itty_bitty.zip from Clough42's website. You were right (again) Roxy. It was "load and go". I no longer have the twitch. When I send a "home" command, the hotend raises BEFORE the probe retracted...perfect!

I have only tried the G28 and G29 commands so I have not tested anything further, so at this point i can only clain the G28 and G29 commands work perfectly.

So...why can't the BeckDac branch take the firmware clough42 did and fix the issues it is haveing? Seems like trying to figure out the bugs when here is already a fix is like re-inventing the wheel. But then again, I am new to 3d printing and have no clue what it takes to wright pages and pages of code!

So...why can't the BeckDac branch take the firmware clough42 did and fix the issues it is haveing? Seems like trying to figure out the bugs when here is already a fix is like re-inventing the wheel. But then again, I am new to 3d printing and have no clue what it takes to wright pages and pages of code!
    BeckDac is super busy. And I suspect Clough42 is super busy too. But the good news is it is possible to cut and paste pieces from this and that to get what you need! Maybe you could publish a Marlin Fork with the good stuff from both of those???
    Last edited by Roxy; 05-30-2015 at 12:12 PM.

Technologist
    That's what I did. I had all the same problem you had even worse my servo would move up and keep moving even after autobed level. So installing clough42 firmware fixed everything. Also don't forget to update your e-steps extrusion rate. Since is calibrated for the belt extruder. You need to calibrate it for the Gregg extruder. Look up Tom's video on YouTube on how to.
    Last edited by rhonal89; 05-30-2015 at 12:37 PM.

Technologist
    Publish a fork???? Hmmmm... a newbe doing that? I'n scared just thinking of that!

The thing that confuses me is when I emailed Colin about this he said there was no firmware supported for ABL, but yet Clough42 has it. This is a makerfarm printer so I am sure Colin has his reasons. Maybe it doesn't work as well as Colin likes as he certainly knows what he is doing.

I am printing the first real print as I am writing this and all seems to be working fine.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast