Close

Threaded View

Prusa i3 = filament not sticking and bowden extruder clicking + not moving filament

Hello,

I am having EXTREME levels of troubole with my kit build Rep Rap Prusa i3.
    Firstly, whenever I print the material finds it extremely difficult to adhere to the surface, I have looked countless amounts of times on the internet for issues and non have worked.
    I can confirm that:
    -My bed is level throughout ( I have spent HOURS doing this)
    -The surface is equally (no gaps) covered with blue painters tape that I have slightly sanded to make sticky (which it is when I touch it when hot)
    - I spray the surface with some hairspray, even when I don’t it still doesn’t work to try and get some adhesion.

I am also having problems with the bowden extruder that I am usingl, it clicks and filament doesn’t come out , whatever I do.
    -Firstly let me say how disgusted I am with the design, truly appalling and I wish I knew how bad they were before buying.
    Now that’s off my chest, I can confirm that:
    -I have tried many different pressure levels (by adjusting the spring) between the idler gear and the main gear
    -The motor is correctly plugged into the RAMPS board and is being supplied with the correct voltage/ is functional
    -I have attempted to calibrate the ‘e steps’ and that has come out at 97.6

So essentially when I feed the filament through by pushing the PLA into the extruder, it begins to come out of the hot end but never sticks.
    For PLA I use 190oc for the hot end and 60oc for the hot bed.
    I will post screenshots of my slic3r settings, if that is the issue?

Please help as I really want to print but this printer is so obnoxious that I am thinking of getting rid of it.

Here are the photos of the Slic3r settings in my Google Drive:
    https://drive.google.com/folderview?...kU&usp=sharing
    Attached Images Attached Images