Nope, never tried it but have some Inland GID ABS. Works fine at normal settings.

Clicking isn't a grip problem, that means the filament is gripped tight. If it was slipping the drive gear would grind a divot in the fiilament.

I'd up the temp a little more, to 245 or so. Or print slower, which will in turn not move the filament as fast. Can also turn down filament flow some to 90%-95% as you could be overextruding some. Could also increase nozzle clearance a bit since a nozzle too close can create too much back pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by cncartist View Post
Tried out Makergeeks GID filament but I couldn't get it to extrude properly. I noticed the filament stated 240c instead of the usual 230c which I've seen for their ABS so I tried it at 230c first which caused some extruder clicking. Then I tried it at 240c which also had the extruder clicking a little but it was extruding smoother. I then switched back to some regular MG ABS and that worked just fine to which I tested the GID again and it sporadically clicked again while test extruding. The clicking would happen even when the filament has no tension showing me that the gear may have had trouble gripping this filament even though it's not a flexible filament. The gear has had no problem with any other type of filament and has only done this when my extruder is jammed.

I did notice that the MG GID ABS filament breaks much easier than any other filament I have bent 180 degrees and it almost breaks every time I bend it that far.

Has anyone else experienced this issue with MG GID ABS filament?