Close

Page 288 of 411 FirstFirst ... 188238278286287288289290298338388 ... LastLast
Results 2,871 to 2,880 of 4110
    Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    Thermocouple shouldn't affect blocks or height.

Ya depending on the heater and thermocouple position there could be some differences in readings. That is just bad heater block design. That's why my heater blocks are compact and the nozzle and heating element are very close together.

Quote Originally Posted by jfkansas View Post
    Thermocouple shouldn't affect blocks or height.

Ya depending on the heater and thermocouple position there could be some differences in readings. That is just bad heater block design. That's why my heater blocks are compact and the nozzle and heating element are very close together.
    Oooooh - I like that, I like that a lot! Do you still wrap them w/ insulation & Kaplan tape or are they good to go as is?

Super Moderator
    I don't wrap them, since the overall heater block is smaller there is less heat dwell from the block and this helps plastic cooling. One of the reasons blocks are wrapped is heat dwell. Where the heater block is so big and hot it can actually melt the plastic from radiated heat or at least keep it softer than it should be.

But you can wrap them if you want.

I don't wrap them, since the overall heater block is smaller there is less heat dwell from the block and this helps plastic cooling. One of the reasons blocks are wrapped is heat dwell. Where the heater block is so big and hot it can actually melt the plastic from radiated heat or at least keep it softer than it should be.

But you can wrap them if you want.
    Good to know - I would prefer not to wrap them if I can get away with it. It's a PIA.

Super Moderator
    OK!! The new QIDI X-ONE.

I have a bunch of parts that are well within the size of this one. Load them up and let it go. They had a good introductory price and shipped free from the USA.

The software I think is a version from Cura. Pretty good to get going with.

Set up was not a big deal and printer was packed excellent.

First print is their test "cube" pillar. 1mm X 1mm X 50mm and the size is almost dead on.

[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

Super Moderator
    What's the build size of that?

And that doesn't look 1mm x 1mm anywhere. lol

Super Moderator
    What's the build size of that?

And that doesn't look 1mm x 1mm anywhere. lol
    Sorry!! 10 X 10

Build size is 150 X 150 X 150.

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by wirlybird View Post
    OK!! The new QIDI X-ONE.

I have a bunch of parts that are well within the size of this one. Load them up and let it go. They had a good introductory price and shipped free from the USA.

The software I think is a version from Cura. Pretty good to get going with.

Set up was not a big deal and printer was packed excellent.

First print is their test "cube" pillar. 1mm X 1mm X 50mm and the size is almost dead on.
    All right W! I guess you qualify as a true "blue" QiDi user. <grin> From now on I guess we will have to specify which QiDi printer model is being discussed. I like the look of the control panel. From your pix it looks to be the same basic drive design. Does it use 8mm or 10mm rods for x, y & z?

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    All right W! I guess you qualify as a true "blue" QiDi user. <grin> From now on I guess we will have to specify which QiDi printer model is being discussed. I like the look of the control panel. From your pix it looks to be the same basic drive design. Does it use 8mm or 10mm rods for x, y & z?

It all looks to be a narrower (X-axis), single extruder version. Otherwise everything really looks the same. Rod sizes are the same.

So far it is printing nice. This could be a good one for just doing those jobs and don't mess with the printer to much, just let it run. This looks like it could be a great starter printer that is fairly straight forward but still high quality. We will see over time but so far it is delivering.

The software is definitely usable and with a fair amount of control.

I have been in contact with S3D and QIDI who said they were going to get with S3D. No sooner did I tell the guy at S3D he emailed back and said they (QIDI) had just gotten a hold of them about the printer. S3D is excited to work with it and get things rolling so support from both so far has been great.

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by wirlybird View Post
    It all looks to be a narrower (X-axis), single extruder version. Otherwise everything really looks the same. Rod sizes are the same.

So far it is printing nice. This could be a good one for just doing those jobs and don't mess with the printer to much, just let it run. This looks like it could be a great starter printer that is fairly straight forward but still high quality. We will see over time but so far it is delivering.

The software is definitely usable and with a fair amount of control.

I have been in contact with S3D and QIDI who said they were going to get with S3D. No sooner did I tell the guy at S3D he emailed back and said they (QIDI) had just gotten a hold of them about the printer. S3D is excited to work with it and get things rolling so support from both so far has been great.
    10mm Z, 8mm X & Y?

Page 288 of 411 FirstFirst ... 188238278286287288289290298338388 ... LastLast