Quote Originally Posted by wirlybird View Post
Getting the belts out was not a problem! The machine helped on that one! Looking back I think a pair of needle-nose pliers and slide the end of the belt out going toward the middle of the machine or pull toward you. I think you could try to take the spring tensioner off first and it might be a bit easier.
To re-align I made sure the two belts were exactly the same length, down to the tooth. I then started one end with a specific number of teeth showing beyond the end of the holder then wrapped the belt around got it tight and put the other end in the holder. On the second one I started with the same number of teeth exposed for one end and put the other end in the holder with again the same number of teeth exposed after the holder. I don't know if that got it aligned but it meant the tension should be the same on both sides.
Finally I loosened the set screws on all of the four "gears", one in each corner so they spun freely then moved the carriage to one end up to the stops and tried to make both side even then tightened the gears back up. Seems to do ok but I am sure my process can be improved. I did this with the whole top off and the gantry unit on the table bolted into the top frame.
Awesome, thanks for the information!

I'll replace those belts when I notice heavier wear and your instructions should definitely help. I was impressed with this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wsWCcNYri0) and will attempt the belt change with the printer nearly fully assembled.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
Finished the print and with much prying and struggling finally got the support to release. The flange connection seems much sturdier than the print with the original orientation, but heck, something else may pop off, who knows.
It turned out nicely and works as expected, I couldn't see mine breaking anytime soon.

Below are two pictures of how I printed the piece with minor supports: