Close

Page 289 of 411 FirstFirst ... 189239279287288289290291299339389 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,890 of 4110
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    10mm Z, 8mm X & Y?

Yes that is correct.

Right now running both printers from one computer and with my USB extension setup on both, which hasn't missed a beat.

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by wirlybird View Post
    OK!! The new QIDI X-ONE.

I have a bunch of parts that are well within the size of this one. Load them up and let it go. They had a good introductory price and shipped free from the USA.

The software I think is a version from Cura. Pretty good to get going with.

Set up was not a big deal and printer was packed excellent.

First print is their test "cube" pillar. 1mm X 1mm X 50mm and the size is almost dead on.
    Heh. Saw this in my Facebook feed a few days ago. Looks like a cut-down version of the printer we all know and love, albeit in an odd color. It's good to see they aren't trying to stray too far from what they already know how to build, yet now they have a less expensive model for those who don't need as much. The smaller size probably helps with accuracy, due to less rod sagging and such.

Is that blue plastic what came with the printer? If so, nice touch, giving you a matching color.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by JSensebe View Post
    Heh. Saw this in my Facebook feed a few days ago. Looks like a cut-down version of the printer we all know and love, albeit in an odd color. It's good to see they aren't trying to stray too far from what they already know how to build, yet now they have a less expensive model for those who don't need as much. The smaller size probably helps with accuracy, due to less rod sagging and such.

Is that blue plastic what came with the printer? If so, nice touch, giving you a matching color.

Yea, this one is supposed to basically be a ground up new build but does take a lot from the bigger one. I think it may make a good entry for first timers and those who want to get a decent printer on a budget. so far it seems solid and the slicer adequate to above. I want to get S3D going though.

That is blue, too much blue, blue build plate, I added blue painters tape, blue everything - makes it hard to see what's printing!

Engineer-in-Training
    I was looking at those X-ones...they seem nice.
    Dual nozzle machine is over-rated imo.

Super Moderator
    I have the X-ONE running its first print using S3D. It's just a generic setup in S3D but it's working. The cool part is I am using S3D to run the other QIDI at the same time. I like this being able to control multiple printers from the same computer.

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    They can be, but there are some uses like dissolvable supports.

Can also ditto print if you want to print a bunch of parts faster by using both print heads at once.

This is limited to about 32mm part size, but with a ditto mount like https://youtu.be/rty13g_XIvU part size is increased to about 110mm.

Quote Originally Posted by Syd_Khaos View Post
    I was looking at those X-ones...they seem nice.
    Dual nozzle machine is over-rated imo.

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by jfkansas View Post
    They can be, but there are some uses like dissolvable supports.

Can also ditto print if you want to print a bunch of parts faster by using both print heads at once.

This is limited to about 32mm part size, but with a ditto mount like https://youtu.be/rty13g_XIvU part size is increased to about 110mm.
    Having 2 single nozzle machines would be a trillion times more useful than a single dual nozzle machine....for my uses at least.
    I could see how having the ability to print with water-soluable support would be needed for alot of applications, but nothing really that I do.

Actually been looking at this I3 clone:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/2016-Upgrade...35.m2548.l4275
    I'm sure it would need some mods out of the box to get same quality in prints....and would be dedicated PLA machine. But I'm really at the point I need more than one machine.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by lehighkid View Post
    W - I got the Flexion extruders and took a bit to dial in but now I have the printing near flawlessly w/ ABS, PLA and NinjaFlex (what I really wanted them for). What were you unable to refine? The one thing that is a little bit of a pain is switching materials and having to dial in the cam but Flexion support said, tighten till it clicks while loading filament then loosen half a turn and that has seemed to work. PLA (4), ABS (3) and NinjaFlex (1). Problem is I am missing a thermocoupler for T1 (waiting for it to arrive from China) and when I install I'll have to recalibrate all over again

I was getting inconsistent prints. It looked like it was over extruding especially on the first layer and top layer. If I backed it off the outer shell did not adhere. Also the overall surface quality was not as good as the stock extrude/nozzle.

Super Moderator
    Are you guys mainly printing from SD cards? Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by wirlybird View Post
    Are you guys mainly printing from SD cards? Just curious.
    I print via OctoPrint (on an RPi3) web interface from my MacMini. I have S3D on the MacMini set to automatically upload gcode when the slicing file is saved. I have yet to print from an SD card.

Page 289 of 411 FirstFirst ... 189239279287288289290291299339389 ... LastLast