Close

Hybrid View

My Qidi works fine in ReplicatorG.
    But I run into problems with other SW that I downloded and tried.
    When I export files from Makerbot Desktop version 3.8.11 , it will not set the extruder temp in the g-code. I've tried the Replicator Dual, the Replicator 2 and the Replicator 2x settings with the same result. I also tried to use the recognized Qidi-Printer setting when USB is connected, no dice. Anyone has a workaround for this, except manually setting the extruder-temp on the printer?
    Lastly, has someone on this board a working Qidi calibration file for slic3r?
    Any help woul be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Obelix View Post
    My Qidi works fine in ReplicatorG.
    But I run into problems with other SW that I downloded and tried.
    When I export files from Makerbot Desktop version 3.8.11 , it will not set the extruder temp in the g-code. I've tried the Replicator Dual, the Replicator 2 and the Replicator 2x settings with the same result. I also tried to use the recognized Qidi-Printer setting when USB is connected, no dice. Anyone has a workaround for this, except manually setting the extruder-temp on the printer?
    Lastly, has someone on this board a working Qidi calibration file for slic3r?
    Any help woul be appreciated.
    I currently use Makerbot Desktop with my Qidi printer. The Makerbot software has automatically recognized my printer when connected via USB. Normally I have connectivity issues if I start my computer before I turn on my printer. You can try to restart background services in the Makerbot software and see if that helps. I know it worked a couple times for me.

Quote Originally Posted by HiloDB1 View Post
    I currently use Makerbot Desktop with my Qidi printer. The Makerbot software has automatically recognized my printer when connected via USB. Normally I have connectivity issues if I start my computer before I turn on my printer. You can try to restart background services in the Makerbot software and see if that helps. I know it worked a couple times for me.
    Thank you for your reply.
    What firmware version is your Qidi running on, mine is running v7.8?
    What version of Makerbot are you using, mine is v3.8.11?
    What do you exactly mean by "restarting background services in Makerbot"?
    I looked with a text editor in the setup-file for the Qidi in Makerbot and it recognizes the right extruder as extruder (0) and the left one as extruder (1) and is setting the selected temperatures correctly in the file. Makerbot seems to not create the correct g-codes (M104_T0/T1) in the build file and as a result, the extruders don't get heated.
    Is there a way to look at the actual g-code created by Makerbot?

Update:

I've been printing with the 1/4 mirror for a couple weeks now and I love it! The prints literally just slide off the glass when it cools. The bottom side of the print is also really smooth which I've been using to my advantage. I've also found this little gem on thingaverse. It works much better than the bracket I started with as it kept loosening up. This one stays nice and tight!

I have noticed that the bed shakes a lot (for something that is supposed to be still), mostly left to right, anyone else have this issue? I've got a plan for this coming in the mail and will update on fix.

20160201_193759.jpg
    https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1291106