Close

Hybrid View

Technologist
    Thx. Added to "My Collections".

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo28 View Post
    Here's food for thought..
    http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:822472

I already have the probe on hand..just havent had time to mess with the setup..
    Quote Originally Posted by lakester View Post
    Thx. Added to "My Collections".

Technologist

grr...

Hmm.

Have been printing the various pieces involved with the next set of updates to the printer.

ABS is being difficult.

I THINK the residual problem is one of the ones the update will try to fix, but the parts I'm printing to fix it are going to have some of the problems..., they will hopefully fix.

I print ABS at anywhere between 225 and 235..., keeping the HB at 110 (with a few exceptions).

The problem is that for some things, e.g. Greg's extruder block, the first 1 or two layers tend to have delamination issues. The same part when printed at 250 doesn't have that particular problem (it has other problems).

(Note: Just occurred to me that I'm seeing my worst results on humid days...)

So as it turns out, I'll end up using parts printed at varying temperatures, trading off between either sagging, or delam where feasible. FWIW..., I'm gonna end up using the first extruder block I printed, which was done at 250 w/ incremental drop in HB temp. It has warping and small sagging issues, but they don't seem to matter much, and no delamination at all.

I'm HOPING that when the new HE cooling fan is in place, the cooler ABS temps will become more generally practical, since there will no longer be air being blown down on the first layer.
    Last edited by lakester; 05-31-2015 at 08:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lakester View Post
    Hmm.

Have been printing the various pieces involved with the next set of updates to the printer.

ABS is being difficult.

I THINK the residual problem is one of the ones the update will try to fix, but the parts I'm printing to fix it are going to have some of the problems..., they will hopefully fix.

I print ABS at anywhere between 225 and 235..., keeping the HB at 110 (with a few exceptions).

The problem is that for some things, e.g. Greg's extruder block, the first 1 or two layers tend to have delamination issues. The same part when printed at 250 doesn't have that particular problem (it has other problems).

(Note: Just occurred to me that I'm seeing my worst results on humid days...)

So as it turns out, I'll end up using parts printed at varying temperatures, trading off between either sagging, or delam where feasible. FWIW..., I'm gonna end up using the first extruder block I printed, which was done at 250 w/ incremental drop in HB temp. It has warping and small sagging issues, but they don't seem to matter much, and no delamination at all.

I'm HOPING that when the new HE cooling fan is in place, the cooler ABS temps will become more generally practical, since there will no longer be air being blown down on the first layer.

you can initially flip[ the fan over and have it draw air through the HE fins instead of blow air through them... it helps quite a bit, quick simple and works... temps arent effected... at least as far as everyone that has tried it is concerned

Technologist
    OK, that's good to know. I worried that the fan's seal against the shroud might not be sufficient, but as I look more closely, it's actually pretty tight.

Thx!

Quote Originally Posted by sniffle View Post
    you can initially flip[ the fan over and have it draw air through the HE fins instead of blow air through them... it helps quite a bit, quick simple and works... temps arent effected... at least as far as everyone that has tried it is concerned