Close

Hybrid View

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    does it have the standard metal belt tensioner ?
    Looks like the spring that works a clothes peg.
    If so just take that off to remove belt tension, adjust till you think it's right and put the tensioner back on.

At least that's how I would do it.

And the reason for the questions is that a lot of people will leap at a printer with a tool kit, when there's nothing wrong with it and the issue is often something simple entirely unrelated to the hardware setup :-)

We like to cover all bases before telling someone to start dismantling a working printer.

Given that most questions are asked by people fairly new to their printers, it's an approach that we have found works.
    Sorry if it's annoyed you, but most people just don't give enough information for someone, who has not seen the machine in question, to base a proper answer on :-)

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    does it have the standard metal belt tensioner ?
    Looks like the spring that works a clothes peg.
    If so just take that off to remove belt tension, adjust till you think it's right and put the tensioner back on.

At least that's how I would do it.

And the reason for the questions is that a lot of people will leap at a printer with a tool kit, when there's nothing wrong with it and the issue is often something simple entirely unrelated to the hardware setup :-)

We like to cover all bases before telling someone to start dismantling a working printer.

Given that most questions are asked by people fairly new to their printers, it's an approach that we have found works.
    Sorry if it's annoyed you, but most people just don't give enough information for someone, who has not seen the machine in question, to base a proper answer on :-)
    I do appreciate the help and I understand - was just messing a bit!! I know you guys were just trying to make sure I was actually explaining a real issue and not just a bad print!! I forget sometimes that I need to be more detailed and remember that just because I know what I am looking at I shouldn't assume that my brief question is crystal clear!!

I was thinking to take off the tensioner and try jumping teeth and see how that goes. I have had to take a different one apart once and that was not fun. I never thought of the clothes pin analogy. I will have to see if I can squeeze that thing like that to get it back on. That would so much easier than the way I have fought it!