Close

Hybrid View

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    Here's a tip for you.
    Don't leave yoda heads on the top of the printer case during a long print when you're not there.
    'cos it'll fall off, get jammed under the platform and totally bugger up the print.

On the plus side geraldine's fine and I've learnt a useful lesson :-)
    ie: not to use the ledge round the top of the printer as a gallery of useless things I've made from thingiverse lol

@geoff
    how do you set random starting point with makerware ?
    Stitching on circular things is annoying. never seen it on anything else.

I saw the setting on simplify3d. As well as the ability to set different infill for different models during the same print. And a bunch of other stuff that would really help.
    But how do you do that with makerbot software ?

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    Here's a tip for you.
    Don't leave yoda heads on the top of the printer case during a long print when you're not there.
    'cos it'll fall off, get jammed under the platform and totally bugger up the print.

On the plus side geraldine's fine and I've learnt a useful lesson :-)
    ie: not to use the ledge round the top of the printer as a gallery of useless things I've made from thingiverse lol

@geoff
    how do you set random starting point with makerware ?
    Stitching on circular things is annoying. never seen it on anything else.

I saw the setting on simplify3d. As well as the ability to set different infill for different models during the same print. And a bunch of other stuff that would really help.
    But how do you do that with makerbot software ?
    I think the new makerbot desktop has the option, the old one I can't seem to find it, the stitching happens on all my machines, but at least pronterface (which isnt much good to you if you havent swapped to a ramps board..) has the option to start in 3 different spots . Either the same spot, like we are talking about, or 2) a random spot or 3) the nearest location to the nozzle at the time of the finished layer.